Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Initial Mock Draft, Picks 1-10. Want Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
I usually fill out a first and second round. After about 2 hours of research this morning, I believe this is my Top Ten Right Now.

Detriot Lions- Matthew Stafford U. Georgia QB. They have no other options. They have already released two of their qb's this offseason. That leaves Cullpeper and Stanton. Cullpepper is probably done after this year and the lions made it pretty appearant after last year that he would be a backup...

St. Louis Rams- Jason Smith OT U. Baylor. This seems like a no brainer pick for the Rams. They just got rid of Orlando Pace and Smith solitified himself as the #1 OL in the draft by his phenomenal combine showing.

KC Chiefs- Aaron Curry LB U. Wake Forest. There has been some talk about chiefs trading down in this spot. However, if Curry is there they wont. They are in the process of switching to the 3-4 and Curry is one of the better linebackers to come out in the past years. He is very versitle and can play any lineback spot. After signing Cassel it seems they will sure up their D in the draft

Seattle Seahawks- Euegen Monroe G Virgina. The seahawks could go multiple ways right here, but after signing TJ H. there play maker. They need to make sure they can protect their QB to get the ball to him. In this case Monroe seems to be the best OL avilalbe. Another pick you could see here is Orakpo from Texas.

Cleveland Browns- Brian Orakpo OLB/DE Texas. Lets face it the Browns need help rushing the passer and Orkapo seems to be the best pass rusher in the draft. He is very versitiale and can play anywhere it seems.

Cincy Bengals- Michael Crabtree WR U. Texas Tech. Probably would of went to Seattle, but with his injuries and Seattle signing TJ. H. they need another play maker. Chances are Ocho Cinco will find himself another home and if not who knows how effective he will be. Lets not get caught up in all the numbers, at the end of the day we know Crabtree can play football.

Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Maclin WR/KR U. MU. Maclin is the most explosive player in the draft, he has great speed and decent size. He ran a 4.4 at the combine with some nagging injuries. Lets face it too Oakland needs someone to help Russell out. Not to mention Maclin will make an immediate impact as a KR/PR.

Jacksonville- Andre Smith G U. Alabama. Well Smith's antics over the past couple months have knocked him out of the number two spot. This could be a great pick for Jacksonville. Smith is similar to Crabtree, lets not get caught up in all the antics and credentials, we all know Smith is a dominating force on the OL. Another pick you could see here it BJ Raji DT.

Green Bay- Everette Brown LB/DE FSU. The Packers have decided to switch to the 3-4 and Browns can play multiple positions. He is a great pass rusher and a superb tackler. He has tremendous size and can penetrate the backfield with ease. Honestly, this seems like a no brainer pick.

San Fran 49- Michael Oher OT Ole Miss. It seems like most people think that Sanchez will go at this pick. However, I disagree I think the 49ers still like Shaun Hill and have not given up on Alex Smith. Not to mention the O Line is an area of need. The new coach Mike Singelatry is all about physical players and Oher can be that for them. He is a monster on the line and a force to be reckoned with. You could see a trade down if they decide not to go with Sanchez.

Thanks
Logan

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Vincesanity said:
Bruce and Holt gone.....do the Rams take Crabtree......I know Pace is gone and Smith seems more logical but ya never know.

I dont think so, they spent a high pick on Avery last year..

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Andre Smith should fall farther than that.

Well I tend to agree, but if a team needs a guard. He is for sure the best after Monroe.

Isnt he working out at the pro day?

Logan

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:
Andre Smith should fall farther than that.

Well I tend to agree, but if a team needs a guard. He is for sure the best after Monroe.

Isnt he working out at the pro day?

Logan

it dosent matter, if your plans are to use him at guard, you just don't take a guard this high.

We will see man, I dont want to get in an argument. I just do this for fun and its totally just an opinon. Your probably right, just my thoughts

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
You mean Andre "Shapes" Smith that ran a 5.35 at his pro day and did 19 reps of 225

This man right here

andresmith.jpg

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
I think Oakland probably would take Maclin if the top six played out like this but hope they would also consider BJ Raji to help their porous run 'd'

Andre Smith - will likely be a RT as he has a college resume of being a powerful run-blocker if he can sort his head/body out.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
martincp said:
I think Oakland probably would take Maclin if the top six played out like this but hope they would also consider BJ Raji to help their porous run 'd'

Andre Smith - will likely be a RT as he has a college resume of being a powerful run-blocker if he can sort his head/body out.

he is faster than a 5.2

having seen him for the past 3 years, and having played the position, he would be an absolute terror at guard. He is a very physical lineman who loves contact and uses leverage extremely well. His feet and hands are as quick as I have seen, I would play him at guard. Right tackle is also acceptable, but guard is ideal.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
martincp said:

he is faster than a 5.2

having seen him for the past 3 years, and having played the position, he would be an absolute terror at guard. He is a very physical lineman who loves contact and uses leverage extremely well. His feet and hands are as quick as I have seen, I would play him at guard. Right tackle is also acceptable, but guard is ideal.

I heard on NFL Network the other day that most teams have told him he wiill play guard...

Not sure if its fact or fiction, but its very logical

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
arod305 said:
Vincesanity said:
Bruce and Holt gone.....do the Rams take Crabtree......I know Pace is gone and Smith seems more logical but ya never know.

I dont think so, they spent a high pick on Avery last year..

By that logic, the Bengals are not going WR either since they took Jerome Simpson in round 2 and Caldwell in round 3. Bengals are definitely going O-line unless Oher, Smith, and Monroe are off the board.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
martincp said:

Maclin is 6ft 0 inches, a slot type guy is not worthy of a top 15 pick and his 40 time was that impressive at the combine.

Members online

Latest posts