Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pro Wrestling annoyances?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Just curious what your annoyances with pro wrestling and the fans are?

I'll start.

I get kind of annoying when smarks refuse to acknowledge the names WWE gives Indy wrestlers, and calls them by their Indy name for the entirety of their WWE career.

I've been guilty of it myself, when Bryan Danielson first came to WWE. But I don't do it anymore.

I would say though if Shelley and Sabin came to WWE, it would be very difficult for me to call them something else.

Another annoyance I have right now, Bad News Barrett. Good God, find something better for him. Or at least have him wrestle.

And Alexander Rusov. These gimmicks never work. Give it up Vince.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have a feeling Barrett will be part of their annual spring cleaning coming up.

He isnt even injured...they just have no angle to give the guy so he does the BNB stick

Anyway, here are some of mine:

*Why is Vince so intent on breaking up tag teams and stables? Shield doesnt need a breakup for all those guys to be successful. I feel like if they do split them up, Reigns will be the only one to get a legit push.

*Plugging the ******* app every other sentence

*Commentary now not calling the ring action and instead talking about storyline stuff for most of the match

*MAGGLE...just kidding, I love JBL...sometimes

*Vince and HHH's belief that Batista sized guys are the ones who should always be in the title picture

*Lack of hardcore matches these days

*Wrestlers who act pissy with their fans when they are approached. Not talking about the aggressive ******* auto seeker or fans who are jerks. CM Punk is a big example: he always looks pissed off when he takes pictures. Yeah, he does it I guess, but it seems like its always begrudgingly. Why bother being a professional wrestler if you dont want fan interaction and people to notice you?

*Bully Ray...love his character but he insists on being in kayfabe 100% of the time. Reading an interview of his is annoying as hell. This isnt the 1960's, people know its not real, Bully.

*Fans who think it is real. If youre over the age of 14 and think its real, youre an idiot.

*The WWE womens division. It sucks and most of them can barely wrestle basic moves. There are some good ones though: AJ, Natalya, and even Aksana but she always jobs out

*That kid who grabbed a handful of Natalya boob on Main Event...okay maybe thats just jealousy.

******** gimmicks given to guys. Looking at you Los Matadores

*How WWE wont give guys medical insurance

*How WWE makes (most) guys pay their own travel expenses

realityflair

Nov 26, 2012
Mason City, Iowa, United States
I disagree with a lot of what was just said. Guys like Bully Ray and Punk who refuse to break Kayfabe is awesome. And if there are still people out there who believe-that's even better. I mss those days of wrestling-sitting on the edge of your seat cause you did believe and didn't have dirt sheets or the internet to ruin it for you.
I've hung out with Austin Aries before-he refuses to break Kayfabe as well. He is Austin Aries until he gets in his car to drive out of the town he just worked-then he becomes Dave. Much props to this.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hate calling the 'wrestlers' 'WWE Superstars'.

The memory loss of commentators and wrestlers.

The stupid camera zooming in and out if there are non wrestling matches in the ring.

That there is no other wrestling promotion besides the WWF (when you're watching the WWF).

WWF bickering when there is a match going on. If I wanted to listen to bickering, I'd tell my wife to talk to me.

Not pushing more normal sized dudes. Guys like Warlord, Ultimate Warrior, Scott Norton, Ice Train, Scotty Steiner, Crimson just don't walk the earth. Regular folks do. You'll probably get more viewers (WWF) if you have normal looking people (Danielson, Punk, Eddie R.I.P., Benoit R.I.P.) be stars with their talents.

No more tag teams that are legit tag teams. Don't just throw a couple fella's together because creative is a bunch of one eyed, six armed monkeys that couldn't put together a competant wrestling show to save their or anyone elses lives. Where the hell are Paul London & Brian Kendrick ?!?!?!?!

No common sense in storylines.

Those are a few. I have too many when watching though. Sucks being a wrestling fan for over 25 years ...

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Any diva match

No more hardcore belt with falls ANYWHERE

And this example, obviously when it would never happen:

Darren young hits a drop kick on Orton and Michael Cole goes crazy with "YOUNG GOES FOR THE COVER, HUGE UPSET!!!!!"

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I disagree with a lot of what was just said. Guys like Bully Ray and Punk who refuse to break Kayfabe is awesome. And if there are still people out there who believe-that's even better. I mss those days of wrestling-sitting on the edge of your seat cause you did believe and didn't have dirt sheets or the internet to ruin it for you.
I've hung out with Austin Aries before-he refuses to break Kayfabe as well. He is Austin Aries until he gets in his car to drive out of the town he just worked-then he becomes Dave. Much props to this.

Why do wrestlers stay in character when actors dont?

Both are acting jobs...

Movies arent real, everyone knows that.

You dont see Vin Diesel telling everyone he meets that that his name is Dom when people talk to him or Chris Evans demanding that people call him Steve.

But not everyone knows wrestling isnt real, which, in my opinion, if youre over 14 makes you an idiot.

Kayfabe exists to for a reason and its usually the suspension of disbelief in tv or movies.

Why wrestlers think they need to live in it is beyond me and makes me think less of them to a degree.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I also despise it when wrestlers take themselves too seriously.

For the majority, you become a pro wrestler because you are a fan and because you love it. Yes, there are exceptions like Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, and others who only did it because they were a former athlete with no other options to make great money, and don't really give a XXXX about the business, and are only there to make money.

But for people like CM Punk who are lifelong fans and work their entire life to obtain such success, only to be a complete **** to the fans afterward? You know what, XXXX that guy. You're not special. Yes, you paid your dues, and are a good performer, but why must you constantly bite the hand that feeds you?

I completely despise the Punk situation. Screw him. And I have been a huge Punk fan for years. But if he wants to be an ungrateful XXXXX to the people that made him, screw him.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I hate calling the 'wrestlers' 'WWE Superstars'.

The memory loss of commentators and wrestlers.

The stupid camera zooming in and out if there are non wrestling matches in the ring.

That there is no other wrestling promotion besides the WWF (when you're watching the WWF).

WWF bickering when there is a match going on. If I wanted to listen to bickering, I'd tell my wife to talk to me.

Not pushing more normal sized dudes. Guys like Warlord, Ultimate Warrior, Scott Norton, Ice Train, Scotty Steiner, Crimson just don't walk the earth. Regular folks do. You'll probably get more viewers (WWF) if you have normal looking people (Danielson, Punk, Eddie R.I.P., Benoit R.I.P.) be stars with their talents.

No more tag teams that are legit tag teams. Don't just throw a couple fella's together because creative is a bunch of one eyed, six armed monkeys that couldn't put together a competant wrestling show to save their or anyone elses lives. Where the hell are Paul London & Brian Kendrick ?!?!?!?!

No common sense in storylines.

Those are a few. I have too many when watching though. Sucks being a wrestling fan for over 25 years ...

Says wwf would have more viewers with more normal sized guys, points out Benoit and Guerrero, two guys who roided up and died after getting to wwf. Can't explain that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Says wwf would have more viewers with more normal sized guys, points out Benoit and Guerrero, two guys who roided up and died after getting to wwf. Can't explain that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

They aren't Warlord / Hercules / Dino Bravo / Scotty Steiner / Big E. Langston sized guys.

We don't need anymore 6'5" 295 lbers around.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
They aren't Warlord / Hercules / Dino Bravo / Scotty Steiner / Big E. Langston sized guys.

We don't need anymore 6'5" 295 lbers around.
definitely not, besides Scotty was more fun when he could hit the frankensteiner. Could use more guys hauling giant chains like herc or wearing a plastic mask like warlord though.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Obvious jobber matches... When a mid card guy is already in the ring coming back from commercial break - is there a point to watching the match - nope

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Any diva match

No more hardcore belt with falls ANYWHERE

And this example, obviously when it would never happen:

Darren young hits a drop kick on Orton and Michael Cole goes crazy with "YOUNG GOES FOR THE COVER, HUGE UPSET!!!!!"

That Hardcore belt with falls count anywhere anytime was FANTASTIC television

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts