Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Hot packs"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
What is it that determines these "hot packs" that so many sellers claim o have? How do they know there is an auto or GU card in there?

I could maybe understand the GU, maybe they weigh them but on the other hand maybe they weigh the same I don't know

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
GU are easy, they just go to Target or Walmart and bend every pack. The ones with GU are thicker and won't bend as easily. Or they'll pull them out of blasters with guaranteed hits. Often they'll open up the pack a little bit, especially if it's something that might have a blocker.

Most hot pack dealers know exactly what's in them anyways; if they were selling hot packs with rare hits, then they'd just open the pack and sell it for more than they'd get for a "sealed" hot pack.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
There was a ******* seller at the show today with these.

Seems there's one at every big show.

They know what's in there, and know it's worth less than the sealed pack.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Back in 2009 I busted a case of 2009 Triple Threads. Pulled a book card of Homer Bailey and some other Reds prospect. Sold it on the bay. A week later, I saw auctions for 2009 triple threads booklet hot packs. I read the feedback on a completed auction and it was the same serial number of the card that I had just sold. Contacted the buyer with my completed auction number. He filed a case and got his money back. Moral of the story... don't buy this $hit! Usually resealed packs.

Members online