Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 NNOF MADNESS!!! The Big Hurt is going to put a Big Hurt on a wallet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Whoever lands that better hope it is quadruple eBay bucksday. $360.00 in Ebay bucks if it ended now with that promotion.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Another 9 recently ended at $6838, although the top 2 bidders had an unusual amount of bidding activity with the seller and also high bid retraction %. The 3rd place bidder was at $4500.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I really should open the 2 vending cases I have sitting at my parents

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Crazy that a print defect gets so much love. lol It's not even an error card. The only reason that it's still so popular is because it was originally THOUGHT to be an error card. I do love the card though and would love to own one.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Crazy that a print defect gets so much love. lol It's not even an error card. The only reason that it's still so popular is because it was originally THOUGHT to be an error card. I do love the card though and would love to own one.

It's definitely one of the few defects to garner hobby immortality, but it's special in that it's not a defect caused by a misaligned plate, or a missing color, or a small deformation in a plate; this was a whale of a plate error. I mean, the plate itself was etched improperly and boldly, and still made it through QC.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's definitely one of the few defects to garner hobby immortality, but it's special in that it's not a defect caused by a misaligned plate, or a missing color, or a small deformation in a plate; this was a whale of a plate error. I mean, the plate itself was etched improperly and boldly, and still made it through QC.

I was under the impression that something fell on the sheets as the black ink was being implemented, thus no black ink on certain spots of the 13 cards affected.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I was under the impression that something fell on the sheets as the black ink was being implemented

When I originally posted my theory that other cards suffered from similar blackless errors, I didn't understand the offset printing process, and stated I thought a piece of cardstock must have blocked the transfer. After the input of a handful of professional printers, I learned that was impossible, as the cardstock itself would absorb extra ink and would have transferred a large black streak and exhibited ink pooling around the area. The phenomenon is often seen in the form of fisheyes around dust particles; ink collects around the obstruction. For an identical, repeatable error, the plate itself must have shown damage or have been etched improperly, which is most likely, as plate damage would likely attract ink, not repel it.

Members online

Latest posts