Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Tuesday March 25, 2014 Another "Terrific" photo...Mets style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have posted a number of pictures since I started the Photo of the Day posts but I think Ihave yet to post a picture of any player who was a member of the Mets. I ran across this one and thought it was an incredible color photo taken of one of the Mets most iconic player, Tom Terrific. Seaver WAS the Mets and many feel he still is. My flowery words cannot and will not do him justice so I will let any Met fans (MrMet?) comment if they so desire.

I hope you ejhoy today's photo of the day.

92859210_zpsb37913d4.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
A beaut of a pic, and great angle, I would have loved to have a seat with that kind of view when he pitched... Well, see him pitch live at all, his time was before my baseball watching time... But I had seats behind home plate for a Pedro Martinez start and it was amazing, I can only imagine how it would have been for Seaver...

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I was fortunate to see Seaver pitch many times as my parents started taking me to games at Wrigley around 1968 or so. I saw Gibson, Jenkins and other greats pitch but Seaver was pretty incredible. The only one that knocked him off the pedastal of greatness was seeing a rookie named Gooden in 84 and '85. I was in the bleachers at Wrigley, directly behind the mound and could see that huge curve just drop off the table. One year later I was in the Cub's dugout as player after player came back from facing Gooden, shaking their heads at that big sweaping curve he had. Seaver and Gooden...two of the best, if not THE best the Mets ever had.

Latest posts