Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Limited Edition Wall Art - only 99 Printed per Player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
http://www.topps.com/artwork/limite...m_campaign=For Mayor Launch&utm_content=Final

ARTFM-14012_2.jpg

11x17 wall art available only now through 3/31. A little pricey at $49.99, but a unique collectible if you collect one of the 20 featured vintage players. Nice display piece for a man cave. Which will sell out first?

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Their prices for this stuff is always ridiculous. The canvas prints of rookie cards looked horrible and they still wanted $40+ for them. These look nice, but $49.99 is about 60% too high.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
These prints really showcase the fundamental absurdity of manufactured collectibles like baseball cards. All Topps has to do is run 2180 sheets of paper through their presses, stamp some numbers on them, and claim a total value of $100,000. There's no real scarcity here, nor is there the "chase" to find them. It really just feels that Topps went "hey, how can we make an extra hundred grand? Lets just create some oversized baseball cards, call them rare and sell them for $50 on our website!"

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
These prints really showcase the fundamental absurdity of manufactured collectibles like baseball cards. All Topps has to do is run 2180 sheets of paper through their presses, stamp some numbers on them, and claim a total value of $100,000. There's no real scarcity here, nor is there the "chase" to find them. It really just feels that Topps went "hey, how can we make an extra hundred grand? Lets just create some oversized baseball cards, call them rare and sell them for $50 on our website!"

If they only make 99 they are rare. People can choose to buy them or not. This isn't any different from anything else in the hobby. Cards are printed and sold and the printer (Topps) determines scarcity.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

And what's the matter with that? They pay big bucks to have the right to do that, why shouldn't they? I like them, Might buy the Schmidt for my shop. I'll bet the X/10's would recoup big chunk of the set price..

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
What no color parallel or superfractor?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The link is not clear on the #'d/10 prints. One other site I read made it sound like each set bought would get the buyer 1 random print #'d/10 out of the 5 subjects. The Topps site doesn't say one way or another that I could see.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Just to clarify, I have no issue with Topps creating them, and I would love to own one for Dave Winfield or Hensley Meulens, but not for anything approaching $50 for what amounts to a small poster.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The real question is what happens to the unsold copies once 3/31 passes? Will they tuck into the vault and hit ebay in 5 years? I will assume they won't sell out, but I have been known to be wrong on rare occasions.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The link is not clear on the #'d/10 prints. One other site I read made it sound like each set bought would get the buyer 1 random print #'d/10 out of the 5 subjects. The Topps site doesn't say one way or another that I could see.

A blog posting I saw said for collectors who buy the set of 20 prints for a discounted price of $900, the prints would come in an oversized wax pack and there would be one bonus print numbered /10 of one of five different subjects. If I did my STEM courses correctly, that means 50 total waxpacks are up for sale.
[MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] - i assume any prints/wax packs unsold on the for-sale date will just be offered in the topps store until sold out. Topps can always print more (or variations) for the "Topps Vault" ebay program. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts