Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Pujols Collectors? I have a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
I have a question that maybe some Pujols collectors can help me with. I have a 2001 Bowman A Pujols Auto (see pic below)

I noticed today that the Auto I have is Black Ink. It seems that everyone on eBay currently, and in the past month are blue inks. Has anyone noticed that the black ink is harder to find? Do these usually sell for more?

Thanks for your time,

JOE

pujolsbowmanauto.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Yours is simply an "aged" blue. Same card...lower quality autograph.

Depending on the light that the card sees, blue Sharpies will "shift" in color on most no porous surfaces.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
As others have said, I believe the autograph is blue and has faded slightly. I've seen a decent number of cards that look like that over the years.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I'd slab that sucker ASAP.

I HATE Poojols more than any other player in the National League. That being said, I also respect Poojols more than any other player in the National League.

I only collect Astros, but if I end up rich one day and decide to branch out I will pick up that card.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I just pulled it into Photoshop and looked used the eye dropper to draw out the color, it is definitely blue.

Latest posts