Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors, do you collect newspaper giveaway cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
What do you think of these cards, and do you collect them in the same way that you collect pack issued cards? Does it matter if they're a different size, like a 4x6 card?

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 70

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I have two of these:
F03F8841-B8AA-4422-8528-1D7BAF44009A-132-000000051C9CDB18_zps70f03be2.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I definitely would if I could find them. There's a Dave Henderson from the SF Chronicle back in 1991 that I've only ever seen in book. I don't think any of my other players have had any of those types of cards. Lots of them aren't documented.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I would pick them up if I had the chance. These did not have any Yankees but I grabbed them anyway. The are a bit bigger than regular size cards. They have a few pages like a mini newspaper. I have a Canseco cover and a Sandberg cover. I am not sure how many are in the set:
canseco.jpg

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
I definitely collect them. The NY Daily News has had some great insert posters over the years, have some of Gary Carter and Bernie Williams I need to scan

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If it has Joshua Michael Johnson's photo on it, no matter what it is, it needs to be in my collection.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dude...I think it's safe to say that all of us are a little off. So asking if we'd collect something, anything, with our featured player will usually result in a yes!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Dude...I think it's safe to say that all of us are a little off. So asking if we'd collect something, anything, with our featured player will usually result in a yes!
Yes, I have actually paid real, American money for a Leaf and Panini airbrushed and/or cropped card, so yes, I'll take anything!! :)

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I would pick them up if I had the chance. These did not have any Yankees but I grabbed them anyway. The are a bit bigger than regular size cards. They have a few pages like a mini newspaper. I have a Canseco cover and a Sandberg cover. I am not sure how many are in the set:
canseco.jpg

Three of them. I think they were in Toys R Us and came with gum, but it's a little foggy, so I am not exactly sure.
YearDESCRIPTION
1992Sporting News Mini Booklet Edition #1 Power Hitters (Canseco/Fielder/Strawberry/Joe Carter/Howard Johnson)
AA-All Items

YearDESCRIPTION
1992Sporting News Mini Booklet Edition #2 Golden Glovers (Sandberg/Ozzie Smith/Cal Ripken Jr/Andy Van Slyke/Devon White)
AA-All Items

YearDESCRIPTION
1992Sporting News Mini Booklet Edition #3 Ace Pitchers (Clemens/Eckersley/Avery/Chuck Finley/Ramon Martinez)
AA-All Items

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts