Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

who is this years "cinderella story"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
just curious what the members here think. im looking for teams or players who had very little success last season or the young in-experienced team who will knock off all the big dogs like the 08 rays

not looking for something like "posey comes up for SF and hits 43 home runs"

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
I think TB has another great season.

The team that has a season like TB had last season will be SF. They really improved and I am hearing I-Rod is close to signing with them. Which means he would probably play first. I think they will do with Posey what TB did with Price and call him up in September, and use their Prospects to their advantage. They will be a wild card team and have a good chance to get to the World Series. I think with a rotation of Lincecum, Cain, Big-Unit, and Zito you can not do bad. Especially when their offense seems like they will give more run support

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
josh3302 said:
I think TB has another great season.

The team that has a season like TB had last season will be SF. They really improved and I am hearing I-Rod is close to signing with them. Which means he would probably play first. I think they will do with Posey what TB did with Price and call him up in September, and use their Prospects to their advantage. They will be a wild card team and have a good chance to get to the World Series. I think with a rotation of Lincecum, Cain, Big-Unit, and Zito you can not do bad. Especially when their offense seems like they will give more run support

very well put. i agree SF will have a dominating pitching staff. lets just hope their offense can keep up with LA's.

i also think the rays will be good again

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I think my top two are the Rangers and Royals. The Royals if their offense improves and the Rangers if their pitching can hold.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
AKA Coastal said:
San Fransisco Giants

Looking at the pitching staff..

Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Zito
Sanchez

out of curiosity, can cain keep up with other number 2's? dont follow SF to much
Cain has had 12 wins the last 2 seasons I think. And a 3.20 ERA. He just gets no run-support. This year I can see him going 16-8 with a 3.20 ERA

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
josh3302 said:
abncollectsautos said:
AKA Coastal said:
San Fransisco Giants

Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Zito
Sanchez

out of curiosity, can cain keep up with other number 2's? dont follow SF to much
Cain has had 12 wins the last 2 seasons I think. And a 3.20 ERA. He just gets no run-support. This year I can see him going 16-8 with a 3.20 ERA

i see now, that is pretty impressive. that will be a killer staff. 3 cy young winners in the rotation isnt so bad

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Anyone like the Reds chances?

There staff could be very good

Aaron Harang
Edinson Volquez
Bronson Arroyo
Johnny Cueto
Homer Bailey/Micah Owings

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
Reds in 2009 said:
Anyone like the Reds chances?

There staff could be very good

Aaron Harang
Edinson Volquez
Bronson Arroyo
Johnny Cueto
Homer Bailey/Micah Owings

wow, that is also pretty impresive. hopefully bailey can prove he belongs. i think owings is pretty good. would make homer long reliever. but do the reds have the offense

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
josh3302 said:
abncollectsautos said:
AKA Coastal said:
San Fransisco Giants

Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Zito
Sanchez

i see now, that is pretty impressive. that will be a killer staff. 3 cy young winners in the rotation isnt so bad

Jonathan Sanchez is X factor in the rotation. He's so underrated. He's had a great spring training and even better WBC. Look for him to have a breakout season.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
AKA Coastal said:
abncollectsautos said:
josh3302 said:
abncollectsautos said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":lascdiwz]San Fransisco Giants

Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Zito
Sanchez

Jonathan Sanchez is X factor in the rotation. He's so underrated. He's had a great spring training and even better WBC. Look for him to have a breakout season.[/quote:lascdiwz]
what ever happened to noah lowery? i think its his name

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
AKA Coastal said:
abncollectsautos said:
josh3302 said:
abncollectsautos said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3f184ljx]San Fransisco Giants

Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Zito
Sanchez

Jonathan Sanchez is X factor in the rotation. He's so underrated. He's had a great spring training and even better WBC. Look for him to have a breakout season.
what ever happened to noah lowery? i think its his name[/quote:3f184ljx]

Injuries.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
AKA Coastal said:
abncollectsautos said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":lazxyoto]
abncollectsautos said:
josh3302 said:
abncollectsautos said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":lazxyoto]San Fransisco Giants

Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Zito
Sanchez

what ever happened to noah lowery? i think its his name[/quote:lazxyoto]

Injuries.[/quote:lazxyoto]

yeah, i watched him pitch a game against glavine in ny back in the summer of 05. was pretty strong for 6 or 7 innings

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Have four bets in Vegas
Only looked at teams 22-1 and higher since I wasn't betting thousands of dollars and wanted some kind of return

Oakland
SF
AZ
Fla

most likely will be losing tickets but will have something to cheer four if any make a run for wildcard

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
kentuckyderby said:
Have four best in Vegas
Only looked at teams 22-1 and higher since I wasn't betting thousands of dollars and wanted some kind of return

Oakland
SF
AZ
Fla

most likely will be losing tickets but will have something to cheer four if any make a run for wildcard

oakland may have the best chance out of those teams in my opinion. they picked up alot of good offense, and have the pitching. not to mention their division may be weaker

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
My teams who can break out this year are:
Rangers
Royals
Giants
Marlins

and what do you know 3 of those teams have the best 3 farm systems in baseball...

Members online

Latest posts