Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any player collector ever done this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Any player collector ever put their whole collection on eBay for some insane BIN/BO, like $50,000, just to see if someone holding a rare card might contact you?

I remember on the old BMB, they guy with all the Teixeira USA RC jerseys did this. Just wondering if any player collector had and if they had any success.

Thanks!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I'm not sure it would work as well with player collections as it would if you were looking for a single card you were hoarding.

If I'm selling a babe ruth bat card and I see an auction up for the other 4 out of a run of five, I contact the seller thinking he might buy it to get a better overall price for his full run. If I'm selling a random card of a player I don't contact people with those silly "195 Lance Berkmans! No DUPES!" lots.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
I'm not sure it would work as well with player collections as it would if you were looking for a single card you were hoarding.

If I'm selling a babe ruth bat card and I see an auction up for the other 4 out of a run of five, I contact the seller thinking he might buy it to get a better overall price for his full run. If I'm selling a random card of a player I don't contact people with those silly "195 Lance Berkmans! No DUPES!" lots.

Dude, your signature, wow.

I remember a guy on the old BMB put his Holliday collection up at like 5K, but didn't get any bites.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have never done it but I would be afraid I'd get an offer I couldn't turn down.Or maybe even worse somebody actually hit the BIN.Then I'd have to get rid of them all.I wouldn't put them up there if I wasn't willing to actually sell them if someone hit the BIN.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've sort of had an idea to do this with my Sizemore collection, but since I'm pretty much the only big Sizemore collector, I can imagine what sort of offers I'd get.

If anyone does do this, make sure you put Immediate Payment Required as part of your BIN.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
i just did is last week with my escobar items and ended up selling them all. It sucks because i liked the items and escobar but it was time to move on to another project.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
blitzerlover said:
What would you do if someone actually hit the BIN?

I would be sad, even if I made 2x what I paid.

Probably pay off every credit card I have and then some and be better off for it.But I still wouldn't be happy.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I do it once a year, probably when there's a $.35 listing deal. I do it more to see if anyone will bite. I never get any reasonable offers.

Members online