Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WBC Japan vs Cuba NOW USA - Netherlands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
Re: WBC Japan vs Cuba

I was just going to make a thread on Aroldis Chapman, Cuba's starting pitcher. Reportedly threw the fastest pitch in a Cuban game last year at 102 MPH. A 21 year old lefty who throws 97 consistently, with a sharp breaking ball. Is there any way this guy could go to the MLB? I don't really understand how it works with Cuban players. I know Orlando Hernandez defected from Cuba to come play baseball here, but Alexei Ramirez plays on the national team and gets to play in the MLB. Thoughts?

Wes

OG
Administrator

reyes7castillo1 said:
I was just going to make a thread on Aroldis Chapman, Cuba's starting pitcher. Reportedly threw the fastest pitch in a Cuban game last year at 102 MPH. A 21 year old lefty who throws 97 consistently, with a sharp breaking ball. Is there any way this guy could go to the MLB? I don't really understand how it works with Cuban players. I know Orlando Hernandez defected from Cuba to come play baseball here, but Alexei Ramirez plays on the national team and gets to play in the MLB. Thoughts?

Alexei is not on their national team.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008

LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:

I thought he played with them in the previous WBC?

Wes

OG
Administrator

reyes7castillo1 said:
LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:

That was before he left Cuba. Once you leave you are dead to them.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008

LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:
LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:

Gotcha. So it is possible for Chapman to defect at some point, I guess.

Wes

OG
Administrator

reyes7castillo1 said:
LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:
LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:

No time better than the present! I'd love to see him with Daisuke on the Sox!!!

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008

LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:
LLWesMan said:
reyes7castillo1 said:
LLWesMan said:
[quote="reyes7castillo1":2dx6871c]I was just going to make a thread on Aroldis Chapman, Cuba's starting pitcher. Reportedly threw the fastest pitch in a Cuban game last year at 102 MPH. A 21 year old lefty who throws 97 consistently, with a sharp breaking ball. Is there any way this guy could go to the MLB? I don't really understand how it works with Cuban players. I know Orlando Hernandez defected from Cuba to come play baseball here, but Alexei Ramirez plays on the national team and gets to play in the MLB. Thoughts?

No time better than the present! I'd love to see him with Daisuke on the Sox!!![/quote:2dx6871c]

Gourial(SP) to the Phils.

One can dream....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts