Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun gets a standing O 1st AB after lying and cheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Because you know he needs one. I mean after all think of all hes been through. Poor guy.

Stay classy.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Because you know he needs one. I mean after all think of all hes been through. Poor guy.

Stay classy.

His team's fans should boo him all year? He is the best player in the team and he served his time. I bet all convicts should never get job offers or any respect at all after serving their time? If you think the punishment isn't enough your complaint isn't with Braun it is with the MLB/Players Union. I hope he wins the MVP so all the people like this will be all mopey and whiny

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
There were a good number of people sitting silently. To sum up my thoughts elsewhere, it's slightly disappointing but not at all unexpected. 85% in attendance were drunk college kids on Opening Day and the cheering was really more for the return of his production to the lineup. 9/10 would tell you they don't like the person but it's mostly team first thinking. Add it to the long list of jackasses that have been cheered in their home ballpark. It's a really long list that likely includes every city that has a club

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
His team's fans should boo him all year? He is the best player in the team and he served his time. I bet all convicts should never get job offers or any respect at all after serving their time? If you think the punishment isn't enough your complaint isn't with Braun it is with the MLB/Players Union. I hope he wins the MVP so all the people like this will be all mopey and whiny

Dino Laurenzi, Jr disagrees

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
There were a good number of people sitting silently. To sum up my thoughts elsewhere, it's slightly disappointing but not at all unexpected. 85% in attendance were drunk college kids on Opening Day and the cheering was really more for the return of his production to the lineup. 9/10 would tell you they don't like the person but it's mostly team first thinking. Add it to the long list of jackasses that have been cheered in their home ballpark. It's a really long list that likely includes every city that has a club

Thank you for being honest. I liked Braun as a player and as a person before the whole PED thing started but his unabashed attack on Mr. Laurenzi put whatever chance he had of being "a good guy" in my eyes ever again far in the rearview mirror.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I bet all convicts should never get job offers or any respect at all after serving their time?

I don't think a manager caught lying and stealing from a bank should get his job back after robbing a bank and serving time. I also don't expect the employees to meet him at the door and give him a standing O cause he got employee of the month once and the only reason he got it was from cheating and lying.

Personally I think they should have waited till ohh I dont know did something worth an ovation?

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I don't think a manager caught lying and stealing from a bank should get his job back after robbing a bank and serving time. I also don't expect the employees to meet him at the door and give him a standing O cause he got employee of the month once and the only reason he got it was from cheating and lying.

Personally I think they should have waited till ohh I dont know did something worth an ovation?

Robbing a bank is far worse than using PEDs. He got suspended. He served it. He is back. Hope he tears the league up again, and I think he will win another MVP in the next couple years to validate the other one.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Robbing a bank is far worse than using PEDs. He got suspended. He served it. He is back. Hope he tears the league up again, and I think he will win another MVP in the next couple years to validate the other one.

No it isnt. Its stealing from the team and their fans who pay him. Along the way he tried to destroy an innocent man and his family, tried to get him fired, made up things to justify his lies. I see that far worse than a person caught stealing a few $100 dollar bills. It would be like someone who robbed a bank and then threw a guy under the bus he seen that day who he knows is innocent for no reason what so ever but to cover for slipping a few hundreds in his pocket. And since he is close to the cops (media) he can walk in tell them more lies about the innocent guy he is pointing at then go home. Yet the innocent guy cant leave his house for months in fear of someone attacking him for LIES made up by a documented cheater.

And then when the cops come arrest him, he is NOW sorry. Only a fool would fall for that PR move. Apologizing when busted is not honorable when you lied non stop. He had the chance to come clean, but it was not until there was proof he was sorry. Meaning he was never sorry and will do it again more than likely once again when he cant perform up to par.

Hes a cheater.And if he does win another MVP he will be lying and cheating again as its all he knows. And it will never validate the other one as that one and his ROY was won by cheating and will be forever.

Last edited:

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
1. I never said I liked the guy. What he did to the tester/handler/whatever he was guy was nothing short of deplorable. He should have a defamation suit filed against him and would certainly be forced to compensate the man.
2. What could you possibly argued he stole from fans? Fans don't pay players. They buy tickets to watch a team, and the tickets will not change prices based on a player's performance.
3. The owner of the team did not pay him during the suspension. As lance said if Braun doesn't perform in the future he could be argued to be stealing from the owner. However, the man agreed to pay him guaranteed money in the future for projected performance. It is the owner's fault for not including a clause voiding the remainder of the contract in the event of a positive PED test, which should be included the contracts of all players. Since I believe Braun will continue to perform, I see the owner as actually receiving a benefit by not paying Braun for the remainder of a lost season for the team. Braun saved the owner money.
4. He cheated. He got caught. He served his suspension. He has all the right in the world to play, and be cheered by his team's fans. No one should cheer for his character.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
And just an FYI, I believe it should be a season on first test and banned on second one. Those just are not the terms agreed upon by the MLB and MLBPA.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Cheated, lied, got caught and paid the price.

Everyone is entitled to a second chance.

His second chance was given after cheating and then he lied about it and attempted to sacrifice an innocent man. The same PR team which fed the media these BS stories and smear campaign about this collector is the same PR team knowing full well that people will feed right into their hands and give the patron saint of lying and cheating a 4th chance. Dont be fooled. The guy came into the game cheating.

Last edited:

Members online