Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angels Hitting Coach Baylor Breaks Leg In Bizarre Ceremonial First Pitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Maybe they will make another Ouch card:
image-110.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don't have cable, so I haven't seen it.Angels celebrate only 2 MVP's in team history with Guerrero throwing first pitch to Baylor, who is ironically the hitting coach.Baylor reaches for low pitch, and somehow breaks leg.Heard on Fox Sports Radio it was a gruesome incident.What a bizarre incident.I have never seen that before.Too bad Morales doesn't play for Mariners anymore to warn him of some apparent curse at home plate there.This game was on ESPN2, right?Did they show it?

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=10707584

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
They showed it last night on our Mariners channel. It was surreal. Just folded! They tried to get him to walk it off....

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Jeez, that's weird. How do you break your leg just twisting a bit? He could have even more serious underlying problems.

I forgot about "I am amused by the simplicity of this game." haha.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Jeez, that's weird. How do you break your leg just twisting a bit? He could have even more serious underlying problems.

I forgot about "I am amused by the simplicity of this game." haha.

He has battled the cancer that attacks the bones going back to 2006, I believe.
This doesn't mean, he now has cancer, just that his bones, in some areas can be very weak.
Probably wasn't a great choice to play catcher.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I don't have cable, so I haven't seen it.

mlb.com/video is your friend.

Highlights and interesting clips are posted while games are in progress, so if you read or hear about something interesting or cool, chances are that there is a clip for you to watch.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This doesn't mean, he now has cancer, just that his bones, in some areas can be very weak.

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the internet.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I don't have cable, so I haven't seen it.Angels celebrate only 2 MVP's in team history with Guerrero throwing first pitch to Baylor, who is ironically the hitting coach.Baylor reaches for low pitch, and somehow breaks leg.Heard on Fox Sports Radio it was a gruesome incident.What a bizarre incident.I have never seen that before.Too bad Morales doesn't play for Mariners anymore to warn him of some apparent curse at home plate there.This game was on ESPN2, right?Did they show it?

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=10707584
Its weird how it put my response above your OP???

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

Yes, he had multiple myeloma. Definitely explains the fracture (which is called pathologic fracture). There's no way a femur would break in a healthy person in that situation.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
mlb.com/video is your friend.

Highlights and interesting clips are posted while games are in progress, so if you read or hear about something interesting or cool, chances are that there is a clip for you to watch.

I have MLB At Bat on my mobile, but that's it.I watch my team's highlights on it.But games are annoyingly blacked out, and I don't even live in the state they play in.I doubt they would have footage of Baylor.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Shouldn't his doctors have told him that?Someone on radio said it was Theisman ugly.So who coaches for him?

Members online