Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bumgarner and Alderson or Anderson and Cahill?

Which two would you rather have on your team?

• Giants (Bumgarner and Alderson)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
We have a couple of dynamic duos, if you will, one for the Giants and one for the A's. All four of these guys seem to have Major League star potential. Which two would you take?

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
I voted for the Giants. I feel Alderson is verrrry underrated and think he could be the best of the 4 listed.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
daveyou said:
nice dual but i also love tillman/matusz :mrgreen:

dave
haha nice feliz/holland

No def the triple crown bumgarner and A+ minor league pitching tim alderson :p

xdanx i agree, however i think bumgarner will be more usefulo being a powerarm lefty.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I am going to try and get another blue or gold of bumgarner
madibcase.jpg
AldersonChromeAutos.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
pujolsjunkie said:
How about the two guys that have done something above A+.

Cahill and Anderson all the way here.

Very good point. Lots of people love the potential of the two Giants, but at some point, a player has to prove himself against higher levels of competition.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Bum and Aldy.

Anderson and Cahill are great and this A's vs. Giant's matchup is a close one IMO.

Aldy dominated a hitter's league and Bum pitched lights out. You wanna know the ironic part of this:

I invested my $$$ into Cahill stuff and made some decent profit. I looked at Anderson during the time of investment in Cahill and I was like "nahh." I regret not picking up more Cahill stuff.

I am fully invested and loaded with Alderson Bowman Chrome and Elite Autos. I cashed in a bit last year on him but some IDIOT (Buyer and Seller w/ great feedback) on Ebay did not pay for a BC Blue Refractor Auto ($125 Closing Price). So I am just waiting to cash in on all of my Aldy stuff so that I can move on to other prospects. I did research on BUM and did the same mistake with Anderson. $0 invested in BUM & Brett.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pujolsjunkie said:

If they gave them a chance, I never understood why they let him stay in A ball, he obviously was untouchable.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
jlvjr16 said:
Bum and Aldy.

Anderson and Cahill are great and this A's vs. Giant's matchup is a close one IMO.

Aldy dominated a hitter's league and Bum pitched lights out. You wanna know the ironic part of this:

I invested my $$$ into Cahill stuff and made some decent profit. I looked at Anderson during the time of investment in Cahill and I was like "nahh." I regret not picking up more Cahill stuff.

I am fully invested and loaded with Alderson Bowman Chrome and Elite Autos. I cashed in a bit last year on him but some IDIOT (Buyer and Seller w/ great feedback) on Ebay did not pay for a BC Blue Refractor Auto ($125 Closing Price). So I am just waiting to cash in on all of my Aldy stuff so that I can move on to other prospects. I did research on BUM and did the same mistake with Anderson. $0 invested in BUM & Brett.
If i didn't buy my lincecums, i'd have a huge stash of bumgarner, aldersona nd cahill :p

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
darocker80 said:
jlvjr16 said:
Bum and Aldy.

If i didn't buy my lincecums, i'd have a huge stash of bumgarner, aldersona nd cahill :p

:p
Lincy stuff was a great bet.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
darocker80 said:
pujolsjunkie said:

If they gave them a chance, I never understood why they let him stay in A ball, he obviously was untouchable.

They left him there because he's 19. Rushing an arm like that would have been more detrimental than helpful. What's the word on where he'll start 2009? I expect he'll at least finish the year at AA, with an invite to next spring and a chance to showcase himself a bit a la Kershaw last season. I expect him up around June of 2010.

For what it's worth, I am not an Alderson fan. I just don't really get the hype on him. Good prospect, but nothing special in my eyes.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jlvjr16 said:
Bum and Aldy.

The bolded is why I chose these two instead of one of the other duos that has been mentioned.

Of these four, I have nothing in Alderson, basically nothing in Anderson, a little into Cahill, and some in Bumgarner. I've probably held the Bumgarner stuff too long, but I figure I could sell now for an ok profit, or I could wait and see what he does this year and possibly sell for a much larger profit (or lose all my money completely). In the words of Austin Powers, "Danger is my middle name", so I decided to hold and see what he does this year.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
darocker80 said:
pujolsjunkie said:

They left him there because he's 19. Rushing an arm like that would have been more detrimental than helpful. What's the word on where he'll start 2009? I expect he'll at least finish the year at AA, with an invite to next spring and a chance to showcase himself a bit a la Kershaw last season. I expect him up around June of 2010.

For what it's worth, I am not an Alderson fan. I just don't really get the hype on him. Good prospect, but nothing special in my eyes.

I completely agree. Of the 4, I think Alderson has the lowest ceiling, as well as the least amount of current talent. Nothing against the guy, he's got talent. But the other 3 have shown the potential to be extremely good pitchers, while Alderson looks like a #2 compared to them.

Members online

Latest posts