Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 Fleer Mystique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Picked this box up from E-Bay for around $20, not a bad break and fun to see the cool design and inserts, really surprised to see how low this entire set books for.

Nothing too special in the base cards.

Box contents: 20 packs, 5 cards per, with all of the insert cards covered in foil, front and back, so that they are a mystery. Only problem is that over the last 9 years the glue holding the covers has become a little stronger and on some of the cards it was tough to get off.

An Example of the mystery card covers:
2000MystiqueJohnsonRookieIPOCoverOn.jpg

Here's the inserts, sorry for the large and bad scans:
Gold Parallels 1 in 20 packs:
Omar Vizquel
2000MystiqueVizquelGold.jpg

Diamond Dominators 1 in 10 packs:

Mark McGwire
Vlad Guerrero
Manny Ramirez
Nomar Garciaparra

2000MystiqueMcGwireDominators.jpg 2000MystiqueGuerreroDominators.jpg
2000MystiqueRamirezDominators.jpg 2000MystiqueGarciaparraDominators.jpg

Supernaturals 1 in 10 packs:
Ken Griffey Jr (some serious foil loss on the front of the card)
Chipper Jones

2000MystiqueGriffeySuperNaturals.jpg 2000MystiqueJonesSuperNaturals.jpg

Rookie IPO 1 in 10 packs
Pat Burrell
Nick Johnson

2000MystiqueBurrellRookieIPO.jpg

Prospects #'ed to 2000
Willy Pena
Chad Durbin

2000MystiquePenaProspects1637of2000.jpg 2000MystiqueDurbinProspects233of200.jpg

Club 3000 1 in 20 packs
Bob Gibson

2000MystiqueGibson3000.jpg

Didn't pull any FreshInk autos or game used but still a nice break.

Any comments welcome, all will be for trade or sale.

Thanks for taking a look!

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
does every insert really have a peel on them? tough break and not a box i would bust myself as i try to get sets with low #ed parallels. its by no means a "dead set" (although i think it does lack big rcs, minus johan) bc you can pull the fresh ink, game used, and also i think some of the inserts have numbered parallel versions.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Yup every insert card had the double sided foil on it. It was fun to break, just a pain trying to peel the inserts with out damaging them.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
Yup every insert card had the double sided foil on it. It was fun to break, just a pain trying to peel the inserts with out damaging them.

I NEED THE OMAR GOLD..I HAVE ABOUT 100 OR SO OF THE GOLDS...LMK WHAT U WANT FOR IT THNX

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
wouldn't mind trading for that Omar Vizquel if I have something for it.. my cousin collects him and I'd like to pick it up for him

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
jdfoxtrot79 said:
ronfromfresno said:
CISCOKID23, PM has been sent about the gold. Thanks for the comments.

Are you the ron that owns the shop in old town clovis?

Nope, did that Ron have a shop near the Tower District in the past? If so I remember when he first opened up in Fresno. I'm just a guy who likes to buy cards here in Fresno, I actually go to a shop named Bases Loaded on Shaw.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
ronfromfresno said:

Haha, this break brought back memories of that sparklefoil stuff. I remember getting one of those in a pack and wondering what the heck it was until I noticed the foil was to be peeled off. :lol:
I used to have a Johan Santana gold parallel rookie from this set at one time.

Members online

Latest posts