Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What players purchase their own cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I just sold a sterling black refractor of Graham Taylor. Didn't get much out of it and wondered why as I saw others sell above $10. Found out that Graham Taylor himself is buying cards. Of course if I knew that, I would have put a BIN on the card instead.

Who else purchases their own cards that you know of? I am talking about current sales, not from several years ago.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I forgot about Ziegler, I knew there was some Oakland guy that did. Yes, and I remember Neshek was doing that for a while, but wasn't sure if he still was.

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
A lot of the parents of the younger guys buy their sons' cards. I'm sure a lot of players buy their own cards, we just don't know about it.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I'll keep this in mind, I have a few gold, orange, blue refractors that I have been collecting.

prospectorgems said:
I just sold a sterling black refractor of Graham Taylor. Didn't get much out of it and wondered why as I saw others sell above $10. Found out that Graham Taylor himself is buying cards. Of course if I knew that, I would have put a BIN on the card instead.

Who else purchases their own cards that you know of? I am talking about current sales, not from several years ago.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Yeah, definitely. That was pretty much the purpose of this thread. Not saying that we are trying to screw anyone over, but we also don't make the kind of money they do. Well, Graham may be one of the few exceptions.

jumbojohnny said:
I'll keep this in mind, I have a few gold, orange, blue refractors that I have been collecting.

prospectorgems said:

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
If I was a player I would buy only me rare cards. Any base that I would pull from packs I would use to autograph and give away TTM for fans.

Members online

Latest posts