Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Monday April 7, 2014 An incredible photo from a former home run champ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Well after a weekend with no computer due to a virus I am at least able to get back on my work machine and do some posting.

Today's photo is an incredibly clear photo taken between 1906-1910 of Brooklyn Superbas (soon to be Trolley Dodgers and then just Dodgers) first baseman Tim Jordan. This photo struck me for its clarity even though it was taken in the first decade of the last century.

Tim Jordan was the power hitting first baseman who started his career in 1901 for the Washington Senators who would then move to the New York Highlanders (who would become the Yankees) before ending his career with the Brooklyn team. This "power hitter" twice led the league in home runs during the dead ball era with 12 total round trippers in 1906 and 1908. He would go on to amass a total of 32 career home runs in his 7 year stint in the major leagues.

While Tim Jordan will never have his name roll off the lips of modern baseball fans, he was one of the players you would love to have come up in a clutch situation when a round tripper was needed.

I hope you enjoy today's photo of the day.

e1246a0438f485c1ef02448bb53f6a60_zps83639531.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts