Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Vault Contract questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Are most of the contracts with "Sy Berger" autos on them stamped?

I bought a topps vault contract thinking all the sigs on the contract were authentic. When my contract arrived, "Sy Berger" was stamped on the contract rather than Sy having signed the contract himself. Topps Vault didn't disclose that signature was a stamp and not authentic in the item description.

Is there a way to tell authentic from stamped autos on Topps Vault contract listings since Topps Vault isn't disclosing that some of the sigs on their contracts are fake.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have 3 of them..

Jay Buhner / Philip Carter
March 15, 2001

Harold Reynolds / Sy Berger
April 13, 1995 (looks like it could be an auto pen)

Bob Kearney / Sy Berger
May 27, 1987 (looks like it was actually signed by him)

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I have five of them. I will try to remember to take a look at them when I get home tonight.

edit: I found pictures I posted of each of my contracts. Unfortunately they are all signed by Philip Carter.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have a couple that I picked up for the Berger sig. I believe they are all real.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Are most of the contracts with "Sy Berger" autos on them stamped?

I bought a topps vault contract thinking all the sigs on the contract were authentic. When my contract arrived, "Sy Berger" was stamped on the contract rather than Sy having signed the contract himself. Topps Vault didn't disclose that signature was a stamp and not authentic in the item description.

Is there a way to tell authentic from stamped autos on Topps Vault contract listings since Topps Vault isn't disclosing that some of the sigs on their contracts are fake.

I just looked at mine and I can't tell. If I had to guess I would say the top (1989) is real, but the bottom (1993) is some kind of copy.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1397260921.357842.jpg

But again can't really tell.

Members online

Latest posts