Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shoelessjoejackson auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
boxbreaker44 said:
Love his voice that comes up on the auction haha

yeah, but this dude is a cancer, he ruined a perfectly good card that never needed to be graded never mind trimmed to get a psa 10, dick move

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
A_Pharis said:
Wouldn't buy it with YOUR money. If you wanted to reslab it.. something tells me you'd get rejected.

What makes you think PSA would slab it if it's trimmed? BGS has openly acknowledge sheet cut cards in the past.

A_Pharis

BunchOBull said:
A_Pharis said:
Wouldn't buy it with YOUR money. If you wanted to reslab it.. something tells me you'd get rejected.

What makes you think PSA would slab it if it's trimmed? BGS has openly acknowledge sheet cut cards in the past.

Because with the amount of grading SJJ does, I'd imagine he has a pretty faithful contact. Not saying that the grader is bad... I just think he would probably tend to overlook a flaw (accidentally) when he is comfortable with someone who comes to him time after time with no problems.

Boom.. he slips in a trimmed Super and clinches a 10 due to some oversight.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
What the hell is up with the sound thing? Scared the crap outta me, lol.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
A_Pharis said:
BunchOBull said:
[quote="A_Pharis":7ag3xkly]Wouldn't buy it with YOUR money. If you wanted to reslab it.. something tells me you'd get rejected.

Because with the amount of grading SJJ does, I'd imagine he has a pretty faithful contact. Not saying that the grader is bad... I just think he would probably tend to overlook a flaw (accidentally) when he is comfortable with someone who comes to him time after time with no problems.

Boom.. he slips in a trimmed Super and clinches a 10 due to some oversight.[/quote:7ag3xkly]

Anything is possible I guess. I've seen more of an issue with PSA refusing to slab cards that are completely legit and pack fresh, only to slab them at a later date on a resub. That's my gripe with them.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Its hard to tell these days. I have been told its really hard to trim those types of chrome cards (coming from a Topps rep) so I base my trades and purchases around that info. I got my gold zimmy auto off the bay and it appears its a slight bit smaller than some cards. However I just look at it as how it was cut on the press. I have seen cards from the same product that were way bigger or smaller than others. I guess its just how it goes.

And with that, a new soap opera is born.

As the Press Machine Slices..........

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
miguelcabrera said:
yeah, but this dude is a cancer, he ruined a perfectly good card that never needed to be graded never mind trimmed to get a psa 10, dick move

First, I highly doubt you can tie your own shoes let alone detect a trimmed card based on your posting history. My guess is you have velcro rather than laces.

Second, what is your basis for concluding the card is indeed trimmed? Based on the seller alone? Wow, detective great work there inspector gadget....simply repeating what you read on a message board. That is not insight, you can train birds with the brain the size of a sunflower seed to repeat phrases.

Of course people are going to agree with you....trimming a card is widely considered evil in the hobby. Why don't you post or debate other restoration techniques such as recoloring, soaking or ironing surface wrinkles? Oh yeah....that is easy to answer, you didn't read about it on a message board earlier in the day.

Not every card from that seller is trimmed. It is not economically feasible to trim every card and a significant percentage of cards are gem mint straight from the pack.

One more thing, this individual is a high volume grader and seller of sports cards. This means there is a good chance you purchased a card graded by him second hand from someone else on ebay. Think about.

You know what....that is a good rule in general for you to observe. Think before you post.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
It's not worth it mu. It's becoming clearer and clearer that any type of attention, agreement or attacking, is all he wants.

I understand the sentiment, believe me, but it won't hit home.

Craig

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Craig - 21hawk said:
It's not worth it mu. It's becoming clearer and clearer that any type of attention, agreement or attacking, is all he wants.

I understand the sentiment, believe me, but it won't hit home.

Craig

You are probably right....but it does not change the fact he is a donkey.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
not everything he sells is trimmed

With the amount of fake stuff this dude sells.. you have to assume everything has been altered in one way or another. He has been cracking psa/dna slabs and selling fake autos in those now too.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
muchuckwagon said:
miguelcabrera said:

First, I highly doubt you can tie your own shoes let alone detect a trimmed card based on your posting history. My guess is you have velcro rather than laces.

Second, what is your basis for concluding the card is indeed trimmed? Based on the seller alone? Wow, detective great work there inspector gadget....simply repeating what you read on a message board. That is not insight, you can train birds with the brain the size of a sunflower seed to repeat phrases.

Of course people are going to agree with you....trimming a card is widely considered evil in the hobby. Why don't you post or debate other restoration techniques such as recoloring, soaking or ironing surface wrinkles? Oh yeah....that is easy to answer, you didn't read about it on a message board earlier in the day.

Not every card from that seller is trimmed. It is not economically feasible to trim every card and a significant percentage of cards are gem mint straight from the pack.

One more thing, this individual is a high volume grader and seller of sports cards. This means there is a good chance you purchased a card graded by him second hand from someone else on ebay. Think about.

You know what....that is a good rule in general for you to observe. Think before you post.

Thanks for the entertainment

Members online