Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

George Springer Getting the Call to the Astros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich
Source tells the Chronicle that George Springer is on his way to the majors tomorrow.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Astros will promote top prospect George Springer from Triple-A Oklahoma City prior to Wednesday's game.
The report has been confirmed by various other outlets. Springer earned the promotion after a 3-for-4 effort Tuesday that included a grand slam. The young outfielder has hit .353 with three homers, nine RBI and four stolen bases in his first 13 contests for Oklahoma City. He figures to take over right field for the Astros and needs to be owned in all fantasy formats. Robbie Grossman has been optioned to Triple-A to make room for Springer. Apr 16 - 12:09 AM

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hopefully Topps will give him a Mystery Auto Redemption in Bowman.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i always wondered why it took houston so long (going back to mid-2013 for Springer) since they stink up the league. the only thing that made sense to me is they didn't want the service clock to start.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
i always wondered why it took houston so long (going back to mid-2013 for Springer) since they stink up the league. the only thing that made sense to me is they didn't want the service clock to start.
I was wondering that too.
Springer turns 25 later this season. He was drafted three years ago out of college, so he wasn't a raw talent.
He's been great every year in the minors and the Astros suck, so why waste his young years in the minors? He could have been a great young player in the Majors like Giancarlo Stanton, and now he's almost 25.

Latest posts