Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ike Davis is a Pirate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The Pirates have acquired 1B Ike Davis from the Mets in exchange for Zack Thornton and a PTBN.
6:53 PM - 18 Apr 2014

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Wow, I listen to WFAN on the overnight at work. I know what 50% of the callers will be talking about.

WaxPax

The PTBNL is "fairly significant,"XtweetsJon Heyman of CBSSports.com. It is worth bearing in mind, as Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com points outXon Twitter, that 2013 draft picks still cannot technically be included in a deal.

I wonder who the significant ptbnl is.....hmmm Hansen we need a SS

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
The PTBNL is "fairly significant,"XtweetsJon Heyman of CBSSports.com. It is worth bearing in mind, as Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com points outXon Twitter, that 2013 draft picks still cannot technically be included in a deal.

I wonder who the significant ptbnl is.....hmmm Hansen we need a SS

So do the Pirates!

WaxPax

This is interesting if true...from Mets Blog:

8:04 pm:XI’m not judging this deal until it’s complete. The buzz from Citi Field is that the player coming from the Pirates is likely a player they drafted with a top pick last June. So, they’ll need to wait a full year after the draft (June, 2014) to send him to the Mets. I’m holding out hope it’s OFXAustin Meadows, who everyone says has a great, balanced, advanced approach at the plate for a 19-year-old."

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
This is interesting if true...from Mets Blog:

8:04 pm:XI’m not judging this deal until it’s complete. The buzz from Citi Field is that the player coming from the Pirates is likely a player they drafted with a top pick last June. So, they’ll need to wait a full year after the draft (June, 2014) to send him to the Mets. I’m holding out hope it’s OFXAustin Meadows, who everyone says has a great, balanced, advanced approach at the plate for a 19-year-old."

Interesting... And good to see you around Wax

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Just as i finished the rainbow...haha...who knows, maybe the 2 plates i dont have will be seen soon.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
For Pittsburgh's sake, I hope Ike Davis has the turnaround in his playing that A.J. Burnett had when they got him from the Yankees. Otherwise they might as well still be looking for a 1B.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Austin meadows for ike? Me like!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
As a huge Ike Davis fan. I am happy he is out of the Mets clubhouse. The team openly signaled they were going to trade him all offseason an then took it back before camp. Then when both him an duda were injured for a majority of Spring training they ended up splitting time as the 1B at the start of the season. 5 out of the last 10 games Ike played in he was put in as a replacement player for 1 AB. He couldnt get into a groove like that. Evident from his actual complete games played he has been watching the ball better an has been walked more then previous years. I think the change of scenery will do wonders for him. The Pirates made a great trade at low cost and I think Ike will finally flourish on a team he can relax a little more an not be in constant pressure of a bad team.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I see no way in hell Meadows is involved in this deal. We are talking about Ike Davis with a career .767 OPS, which is worse than Lucas Duda who Ike is playing behind right now.

Members online