Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will we ever see Tanaka autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I'm sure it's been discussed here, but it was news to me:

Tanaka refuses to sign autos because he thinks it is bad luck.

So, will we ever see a product with a Tanaka auto?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
He's got at least a dozen autos in BBM products over the last several years, so I guess it isn't bad luck when he's getting paid for it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If he never signs and keeps his star status going, his BASE ROOKIE CARDS should hold decent value.....imagine that!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It almost seems like some people are angered and/or agitated by the fact he isn't signing for baseball card companies. It's strange to me that people just assume and expect that every single player will sign autographs for money.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It almost seems like some people are angered and/or agitated by the fact he isn't signing for baseball card companies. It's strange to me that people just assume and expect that every single player will sign autographs for money.

Agreed. The sense of entitlement is laughable

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Agreed. The sense of entitlement is laughable

It's more like a sense of desperation, from mass wax breakers. The more added value to be had, the better their chances of profit. And this particular auto checklist needs all the added value it can get.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If his base card hovers around $30....that's better value overall than SP Auto speculation. The best possible thing for a product would be for him to NOT have an auto at all this year.

Members online

Latest posts