Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Topps Heritage -- 41 CASE BREAK!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
Hey gang! You need to check out this article about a 41 CASE BREAK of 2014 Topps Heritage. There were some amazing pulls. Question -- if you were to bust 41 cases of 2014 Topps Heritage would you expect your top hits to be more valuable?

Thoughts?

Check it out here...

2014 Topps Heritage 41 CASE BREAK!!!

Thanks!

A_Pharis

Wow those SSP's dropped like bricks. Sucks to be those buyers.

The Beltran went from $200+ to as low as $25.99.

Votto from $300 to as low as $52.

Parker to $30.

Cutch to $50.

If I were one of those first buyers, I think I'd honestly stop collecting.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So the BEST card out of 41 CASES sold for $375? Yikes!

But I guess the real money has to be made from all the base sp cards and such.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
So the BEST card out of 41 CASES sold for $375? Yikes!

But I guess the real money has to be made from all the base sp cards and such.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Read the blog..........

"I had fewer keepers than ever since I did not hit but one autograph I wanted which was the Hank Aaron Red Ink autograph, that was my biggest hit. I kept it and redeemed it."

"I sold dozens of master sets, logo variation sets, SP action sets, chrome sets, refractor sets, purples, unopened original buybacks, etc. for anywhere from $250 to $1,000 each set/lot and had another 33 cards sell between $100-$199 including a 1/1 cut signature of Bob Shaw of the Giants, both Keith Olbermann autograph variations plus many direct deals on box loader relics, black refractors, auto relics, dual autos, embossed, gold refractors, etc."

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
This kind of thing happens every year. People are in a hurry to complete their master sets as if it were a race or something. Last time I checked, there is no prize for being the first to do so. :0)

If buyers would just wait a few months, they can complete their master sets at MUCH CHEAPER prices. Does anyone really think that SSPs will appreciate in value over time? They never have in the past.

Craig from Texas

Wow those SSP's dropped like bricks. Sucks to be those buyers.

The Beltran went from $200+ to as low as $25.99.

Votto from $300 to as low as $52.

Parker to $30.

Cutch to $50.

If I were one of those first buyers, I think I'd honestly stop collecting.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is the roughest decision one must make with regard to bidding on early items. If I wait for the price to drop, will another one show up. That applies to the really low print run cards mainly, but sometimes you never know what is tough to find.

I remember when those 2011 Topps throwback patch/logo cards first hit. I couldn't find any info on if they were SPs or how tough they were. One Garvey showed up well before the rest and I was fearful they were tough. I am a little embarrassed to say I spent close to $40 on it. Then a while and nothing. I thought I had done OK, then another one showed up. Being the greedy collector I am, I won this one too…another $35 or so. I didn't see any for a while, but then the floodgates opened up. At one point they were selling for less than $10.

On the flip side, I won the first Topps Ring of Honor Garvey autograph that hit ebay for around $50 (was worried I overpaid again) and have only seen one other since.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Having known Brent for a long time and spent hours talking to him about cards and sales strategies, I can promise you that Brent made out fine on this break. His offline buyers are top notch, with money to burn to complete sets with all the fury and fervor that one can muster. Heritage is a fun break and I'm glad he enjoys it and keeps a card or two for himself.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The popularity of Heritage master sets and the lack of info Topps puts out on release makes buying SSPs a gamble. While nearly all have dropped over time, some just simply aren't on the market so it's hard to say what they'd sell for at any given time, like last year's Harper Senators variations or whatever it was. There was what, 5 or 10 copies? While a Jarrod Parker card I don't think could ever have the same value no matter how rare, true completists will want it and at least some are willing to pay whatever.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
That is so true about SSPs being a gamble. Set completists feel they have to have them no matter what. However, I would much rather chase other cards besides gimmick cards like a nice autographed card or vintage card.

Craig from Texas

The popularity of Heritage master sets and the lack of info Topps puts out on release makes buying SSPs a gamble. While nearly all have dropped over time, some just simply aren't on the market so it's hard to say what they'd sell for at any given time, like last year's Harper Senators variations or whatever it was. There was what, 5 or 10 copies? While a Jarrod Parker card I don't think could ever have the same value no matter how rare, true completists will want it and at least some are willing to pay whatever.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That is so true about SSPs being a gamble. Set completists feel they have to have them no matter what. However, I would much rather chase other cards besides gimmick cards like a nice autographed card or vintage card.

Craig from Texas

Craig I keep meaning to ask you. Did you used to set up at shows in Austin and central Texas in the mid-late 90s?

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
I used to be a regular card dealer, setting up at card shows in Austin, central Texas, and mainly the DFW area. However, I haven't set up in Austin since 1992 or so.

Craig from Texas

Craig I keep meaning to ask you. Did you used to set up at shows in Austin and central Texas in the mid-late 90s?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Another Craig took your mantle, then. But I haven't seen him in over a decade. Of course, I barely see any dealers from those days anymore.

Members online

Latest posts