Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for those who collect BGS graded cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
How important are subgrades to you? This is my first time collecting BGS in a decade.

I only collect 9.5's. I prefer all 9.5 subs, but they're nearly impossible to find. I'll never buy a 9 centering. I have no idea what kind of premium subs get since I've only been collecting for a few months

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
9 centering is a no-no for me as well. Other than that, while I try to aim for the highest subs possible, they are never really a deal breaker.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
9 centering is a no-no for me as well. Other than that, while I try to aim for the highest subs possible, they are never really a deal breaker.

Do you ever pay a premium for all 9.5's? Or do they usually get a premium? I'm trying to do a run of all 9.5 Trout blue refractors. I lost out on a 2013 for over $100. I was dumbfounded

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I sell a ton of slabs and I cant say I get more for higher subs. Its all personal preference but I dont think it matters much.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I think in general it doesn't matter too much, but I have also had a few occasions that I have gotten a 20-25% premium due to higher subs. For example I sold a baez blue with two 10 subs, and 2 9.5 subs and got about $100 more than the going rate of the typical all 9.5's or ones with a 9 sub.

Latest posts