Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Could really use your help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
FCB Could really use your help

Hey Guys, I wanted to take a second to make you guys aware of a few things.

Recently we have seen some peaks and valleys when it comes to traffic. This pattern is normal, but it makes it really hard to operate during the periods of low traffic.

You can help with this by remembering FCB every time you go to buy on ebay.

Every link on this site is an affiliate link to ebay and the site runs off of the proceeds that come from people clicking on links and buying things. These funds allow us to pay developers, pay for server resources and for the big booth we get at the National every year.

Expenses in the summer are at the highest of the year and traffic is normally at a low during the summer. All you really need to do is think of FCB when it comes to sports cards and click through to buy.

Thank you for your time.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Does this work with placing bids, or just with BINs? And all we have to do is click on a link that takes us to eBay, search for the item we want, and bid on/BIN it?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Does this work with placing bids, or just with BINs? And all we have to do is click on a link that takes us to eBay, search for the item we want, and bid on/BIN it?

it works for everything you do and from anything you click to. If you click on the banner ad and then search for what you want it still works.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
it works for everything you do and from anything you click to. If you click on the banner ad and then search for what you want it still works.

So I click the banner above with the cards listed and then search? I will do it from now on if so.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
When using a PC, I will make a habit of using the ads

Never looked when I was on a PC, but if there isn't already, you should try to look into adding a donation section/link or at the very least a thread somewhere stating how to donate.

Given the amount of benefits many have enjoyed, including people who think of others, free stuff, and help provided, I'm sure quite a few would donate, even if just a little bit, out of gratitude and I'm sure you know every dollar helps.

However, if this already exists then I suppose I ranted for nothing

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If someone clicks through the Ebay link is it good for the whole session? Example: Click and hit a BIN, poke around see another card. Eat a sandwich, mow the lawn, come back and then hit the BIN? Or come back here, click through all over again?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If someone clicks through the Ebay link is it good for the whole session? Example: Click and hit a BIN, poke around see another card. Eat a sandwich, mow the lawn, come back and then hit the BIN? Or come back here, click through all over again?

Yea, this is where I'm confused too. Thought it was only for the click and am confused how it picks up additional movement on the site and/or purchases.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I don't know...If I see a card I like on Ebay, and do I really want to click here, then there? No offense, but I don't want to be clicking God knows all over the internet just to get FCB a few extra pennies. I mean, one click is fine. I can handle that. But two? Just so you know, I am not getting any younger. Carpal Tunnel will be kicking in soon, and doubling my clicks is, in a sense, doubling the speed I click myself into an extended hospital stay. Then throw in the fact that I'll probably stop and see something ("Hey, a new post on the 90's thread...I wonder what it says...") Next thing you know I missed my card! Maybe the one chance I'll ever get to own that card, now ruined by your "Get Rich Quick" scheme...I don't know about this. I call shenanigans.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I don't know...If I see a card I like on Ebay, and do I really want to click here, then there? No offense, but I don't want to be clicking God knows all over the internet just to get FCB a few extra pennies. I mean, one click is fine. I can handle that. But two? Just so you know, I am not getting any younger. Carpal Tunnel will be kicking in soon, and doubling my clicks is, in a sense, doubling the speed I click myself into an extended hospital stay. Then throw in the fact that I'll probably stop and see something ("Hey, a new post on the 90's thread...I wonder what it says...") Next thing you know I missed my card! Maybe the one chance I'll ever get to own that card, now ruined by your "Get Rich Quick" scheme...I don't know about this. I call shenanigans.

One of these days I'm gonna stop reading these.

Members online