Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 FCB Prospect Hot List, Version 3.0 – April 24, 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
2014 FCB Prospect Hot List, Version 3.0 – April 24, 2014
by J.P. Schwartz

It’s time for your monthly update, fellow prospectors. The minor league season is in full effect, and several players are standing out above the rest, especially those below, and their card values are showing it. And to top it off, Bowman baseball is less than a week from release. It’s a good time to prospect and to be a prospect.

1) Ryan McMahon, Rockies (Best Card: 2013 Bowman Draft Autograph) – Many of you probably didn’t know who he was before the season started. Fortunately, Topps did. His torrid start in the hitter-friendly Sally League (particularly his power) has made him famous. His cards have gone from $10-15 to over double that amount over the past month.

2) George Springer, Astros (Best Card: 2011 Bowman Draft Autograph) – Everyone knew the Astros’ 5-tool outfielder wasn’t going to spend a lot of time in the minors this year, but getting the call as fast as he did surprised quite a few. His cards have gone from the $40-50 range to around $80 per.

3) Gregory Polanco, Pirates (Best Card: 2013 Bowman Autograph) – With three of Pittsburgh’s top four prospects out injured, that gave the spotlight to him alone, and he’s definitely not disappointing anyone. A call-up is virtually assured in his near future, as he’s making Triple-A look like Little League. His cards have gone from the $40 range to around $70-75 each.

4) Joc Pederson, Dodgers (Best Card: 2012 Bowman Autograph) – All dressed up and no place to go. That’s pretty much his story, as he’s blocked from LA at present, but it sure hasn’t stopped him from flourishing in the hitter-friendly Pacific Coast League. His cards, formerly in the $20 range, have risen to $35-40 each.

5) Joey Gallo, Rangers (Best Card: 2012 Bowman Draft Autograph) – So, what does last year’s minor league homerun king do for an encore? Just more of the same, with a noticeable improvement in plate discipline thrown in for good measure. What’s even more impressive is that he’s doing this in a much less hospitable environment. His cards are just starting to reflect this, going from the $25-30 range to $40 per.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Honorable Mention - Jon Singleton's Chrome Autos have risen from the $10 to $20-25 range, thanks to his noticeably improved numbers and his impending call up.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
After checking some of the recent Springer auctions that have ended, all I can say is WOW! I'm really kicking myself for selling back in 2012. I could've easily made around 15K with what I had.

Members online