Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone ever get paid using MoneyPak/Green Dot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Someone bought some cards off of be and wanted to pay by sending me codes for MoneyPaks. I've never used the service before and while everything I've read seems to be fine, I was hoping for info form someone whose used it since I'm a little timid after my recently issue with being scammed.

Also, Green Dot is asking for my SS number in the process. This seemed strange to me since Paypal already has that info on my account. Is there any concern related to that?

Thanks

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Well, since Money Pack/Green Dot is one of the only prepaid cards you can upload to Paypal, have him upload it to a paypal and pay you.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Someone bought some cards off of be and wanted to pay by sending me codes for MoneyPaks. I've never used the service before and while everything I've read seems to be fine, I was hoping for info form someone whose used it since I'm a little timid after my recently issue with being scammed.

Also, Green Dot is asking for my SS number in the process. This seemed strange to me since Paypal already has that info on my account. Is there any concern related to that?

Thanks

Scams galore have happened using green dot. Stay for way from it if you can

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for all the responses to this point!

MoneyPak is just like cash. Once a code is redeemed, it's gone. And there's no way to track it.

I wouldn't put my SS anywhere near a service I wasn't 100% trusting of.

That's what it looked like to me which seemed to mean that there was no risk on my end but I'm not certain.

Regarding your second statement, were you saying that you don't trust it 100%, you don't know one way or another, or just a general statement? I feel the same which is why I have not acted yet...

Well, since Money Pack/Green Dot is one of the only prepaid cards you can upload to Paypal, have him upload it to a paypal and pay you.

He's offered to do so but said he's reached his monthly limit/there's some kind of hold up and he would need to wait a couple of weeks to pay through Paypal. There's also the 3% Paypal fee, which is well worth the protection if needed, but comes out to around $60 on the deal.

Scams galore have happened using green dot. Stay for way from it if you can

I've read up on a many scams but it always seems like the one getting scammed is the one sending the money, not receiving. Are there other potential scams?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Yah I think there might be a limit to uploading money from cards on Payapl..............but i thought it was like $5,000 a month or something outrageous.

If on your listing you stated Paypal only, stick to your guns. Make him pay via paypal and eBay's checkout system, or no deal. That's my philosophy.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow I just read your other thread on the bad deal you had that happened to you. And for that I would just pass on this on for now, since the other one did not work out

Last edited:

A_Pharis

Thanks for all the responses to this point!

That's what it looked like to me which seemed to mean that there was no risk on my end but I'm not certain.

Regarding your second statement, were you saying that you don't trust it 100%, you don't know one way or another, or just a general statement? I feel the same which is why I have not acted yet...

yeah, I was saying there's just no way I'd do it with the Green Dot.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I've accepted it for big non-card related items. I think they only ask for your SS the first time you use it. No fees and I don't think the sender can cancel or do a chargeback. What you put on the card when you buy it is all you can use, can't reload it.

Members online

Latest posts