Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Former NBA all Star now an independent league pitcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It seems that former NBA ALL star Tracy McGrady is now a pitcher for the independent league Sugarland Skeeters. Confirmed by team manager former Major League player Gary Giatti. Intersting turn of events here for McGrady.
So it on Yahoo sports today

Last edited:

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Yeah that's been in the works for a while now. I'm gonna check him out when I go to an Independent game when the Skeeters come in which is 25 minutes from me in NJ before he gets cut or decides it wasn't what he thought making $50 a game.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's kind of cool for the the local fans, but it's obviously just a publicity stunt.
McGrady was signed after pitching one inning in relief and allowing a run on three hits during a practice game this week.
The team just wanted to make sure he could throw the ball relatively straight. He hasn't played baseball since high school 17 years ago.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah that's been in the works for a while now. I'm gonna check him out when I go to an Independent game when the Skeeters come in which is 25 minutes from me in NJ before he gets cut or decides it wasn't what he thought making $50 a game.

McGrady is probably worth near or over 100 mil, so I doubt money has much to do with it

From what I read, he always wanted to play baseball but basketball gave him an immediate chance to become a star so he went that route

Members online