Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dykstra Claims He was the 1993 NL MVP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Dykstra was on the Mike Misanelli show yesterday and I caught about half of it. He did say he should have been the MVP, but later he walked it back and said that the reason he didn't was because the greatest player that ever played the game beat him out.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...ks-he-was-the-nl-mvp-in-1993-not-barry-bonds/

Hardball talk does a good of job of showing that Bonds was clearly the MVP, but I will have to disagree that Dykstra's MVP claim was the most interesting thing that he said.

Dykstra also basically confirmed the rumor that he hired private investigators to the tune of $200,000 to dig up dirt on umpires so he could use that info as leverage with the umpires so they would be more favorable on ball/strike calls. He's on probation so he made coy references to some of the questions, but responses like, "It's not a coincidence that I led the league in walks", made it pretty easy to read between the lines.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Sounds like an interesting interview

Yeah, it made a long Friday drive a little more bearable. I'd love to hear the first half of the interview if it was as compelling as the second half. He said the Phillies should trade for his son Cutter since they can't do much worse then Ben Revere and his .302 OBP. (Plus, he has no power, he gets horrible jumps on the ball and has no arm.)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Regardless of anything else going on in the background...Dykstra was a gritty player. Easy to hate or rally behind.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, it made a long Friday drive a little more bearable. I'd love to hear the first half of the interview if it was as compelling as the second half. He said the Phillies should trade for his son Cutter since they can't do much worse then Ben Revere and his .302 OBP. (Plus, he has no power, he gets horrible jumps on the ball and has no arm.)

Check the 97.5 website. They probably have it up on there. I'm going to try when I get home.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I wasn't there but he did a signing in Newtown Square yesterday and I was told kind of backed off alot of what he said in the Interview...

And I still don't understand all the Hating on Revere. IMO he's a very solid player, with the potential to be an AS some years. True, he's not great defensively but good enough and will probably be around a .300 hitter for most of his career...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I wasn't there but he did a signing in Newtown Square yesterday and I was told kind of backed off alot of what he said in the Interview...

And I still don't understand all the Hating on Revere. IMO he's a very solid player, with the potential to be an AS some years. True, he's not great defensively but good enough and will probably be around a .300 hitter for most of his career...

If Revere was a .250 hitter with a .310 OBP he'd be a lousy leadoff hitter, so hitting .300 with a .310 OBP still makes him a lousy leadoff hitter.

Members online

Latest posts