Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Abreu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I am suprised there has not been more talk about Jose Abreu.

Last night he hit home run number 8 & 9 which 9 being a walk off grand slam and
setting an all-time rookie record for most homers before the beginning of May.

This guy is more than I expected when the Sox signed him this past off season.
This guy is a beast and a professional hitter.

P.S. Dayan Viciedo is also tearing it up and hopefully has figured things out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You'll see just how much hype there is when his Chrome autos start hitting the Bay anyday now. Trust me, there's plenty.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
You'll see just how much hype there is when his Chrome autos start hitting the Bay anyday now. Trust me, there's plenty.

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to start talking about him now since so far this year he has had 3 multi home run games.

What do you think the base autos will be starting out at? $100 or more?

P.S. Dayan Viciedo is also tearing it up and hopefully has figured things out.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I just checked eBay to see what Abreu's Leaf autographs are going for, and dozens of "Rize" brand autographed cards came up under the Leaf search.
Ugh.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I too am surprised there is not a lot of hype about him.

It's probably because he plays for the white sox. Not exactly a team on the top of my list whose fans... errr prospectors, seem to overhype their team's top prospects here on FCB.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I'm sure a lot of the non-hype is due to his batting average hovering around the Mendoza line the first 3 weeks of the season. People were wary that Abreu is another Adam Dunn or Mark Reynolds type player.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
It's probably because he plays for the white sox. Not exactly a team on the top of my list whose fans... errr prospectors, seem to overhype their team's top prospects here on FCB.

There is only like 5 sox fans on this site and I believe any of us don't post regularly.
I generally don't like hype threads since you know the op is usually teying to sell his or her stash of said player but I am just excited he is on my favorite team and excited to see how he adjusts to teams and pitchers the second time around.

So ill start the Abreu and Viciedo hype train

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Rize, Panini, and Leaf all have handicaps in the marketplace. His Topps Tribute WBC cards do fine. His only actual MLB cards so far are from GQ, not exactly the go-to brand for RCs. Once Bowman brands hit, they'll be as hot as any.

Members online