Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper on DL for his thumb....possible ligament damage..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
He's becoming, and this is a fairly bold statement, depending how it's interpreted, Griffey Jr. Lite. He's got all the talent, but just cannot stay healthy. Obviously Griffey Jr. had a slew of years before his first catastrophic injury. Play hard, but play smart.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Don't think he's made of glass.. Just needs to tone it down a notch and we could finally see the true potential. The guy is ridiculously young. I've never been into the hype on this guy or any other but I'd like to really wait on this subject for say..... Another 8 years when we can really evaluate his first half of his career in mlb. This would be why I don't prospect.
This isn't the first thing like this I've read, Kinda sad to see so many people ready to throw this guy to the wolves so early on. Maybe he'll be out of mlb in 3 years due to injury and I'll have to eat my words..

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Funny thing is he gets benched for lack of hustle. Then he hustles and gets hurt. By the way, Washington media loves to kill Ovechkin, Harper, and RG3. Seems like they like John Wall out of the four big names in D.C.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Funny thing is he gets benched for lack of hustle. Then he hustles and gets hurt. By the way, Washington media loves to kill Ovechkin, Harper, and RG3. Seems like they like John Wall out of the four big names in D.C.

Sometimes the media is worst then NY when it comes to them 3 :lol:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He's so young - hopefully he can put his injuries behind him when he gets older, like 23 or 24.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
If he is extremely lucky, he MIGHT end up being the next Fred Lynn. However, so far he has not shown Lynn's upside, just his tendency to injure himself.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
If he is extremely lucky, he MIGHT end up being the next Fred Lynn. However, so far he has not shown Lynn's upside, just his tendency to injure himself.

Harper's talent says otherwise, but who knows with this latest injury.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Another victim of the headfirst slide, so many bad things can happen. Personally i think the popup slide offers the runner a better chance, and the fielder more headaches to deal with.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
UPDATE: Harper to have surgery tomorrow, out for six weeks.

ESPN -- Washington Nationals left fielder Bryce Harper will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and is expected to be out until at least early July.

Harper missed 44 games last season, his second in the majors, with a left knee injury. He was hurt in mid-May when he slammed into the right-field wall at Dodger Stadium.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Another victim of the headfirst slide, so many bad things can happen. Personally i think the popup slide offers the runner a better chance, and the fielder more headaches to deal with.

Thank you. We teach Little Leaguers that it's a bad idea yet the big basestealers always go head first. It's just stupid. Gardner screwed up his thumb/hand doing the same.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Harper is doing it wrong.

Signed,

Rickey Henderson and Pete Rose

mlb_g_rhenderson2_300.jpg

pete-rose-slide.jpg

Lars

Aug 25, 2008

Signed,

pete-rose-slide.jpg

I assume those guys had years of practice before they were doing what they were doing - Harper is 21 and thinks he is immortal.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Signed,

pete-rose-slide.jpg

Rose is the one I thought of yesterday. I'm sure there is video somewhere but given that he received the name "Charlie Hustle" in his rookie year, I don't doubt that's exactly how he went into the bases at the time.

Found one of Rickey though from when he was 22 years old.

Members online

Latest posts