Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Perfect storm" tonite for Tanaka sellers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think it'd be kinda interesting to monitor prices on Tanaka's stuff tonite.

I think there's the potential for a "perfect storm" to really inflate his prices in just one Nite. IF he keeps humming in like he has so far, tonite's game might send his Prices even crazy Higher.

I know with the proliferation of televised games, that Sunday Nite Baseball might not be as big a deal as in years past but with no other big sports events happening and the Angels being the opponent, it could be a big ratings number. I think people will tune in to him, especially against Trout and Pujols. It's probably the first time alot of folks have even seen him pitch. The more people that see Tanaka pitch well, the better the odds of price spikes. Also, with Bowman starting to hit, who knows what the general Public might do to the prices...

GL if you've got some Tanaka stuff to sell!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Haven't checked prices yet. 9Ks, 5 BBs thru 5 as he's worked outta some trouble. And Richards has out-dueled him so far.

I know the term "filthy" gets used all the time now, and should be reserved for true Aces. Kevin Brown, Trevor Hoffman, classic Doc Gooden or "Eck", guys like that but man, Tanaka's stuff really is filthy...

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I think it'd be kinda interesting to monitor prices on Tanaka's stuff tonite.

I think there's the potential for a "perfect storm" to really inflate his prices in just one Nite. IF he keeps humming in like he has so far, tonite's game might send his Prices even crazy Higher.

I know with the proliferation of televised games, that Sunday Nite Baseball might not be as big a deal as in years past but with no other big sports events happening and the Angels being the opponent, it could be a big ratings number. I think people will tune in to him, especially against Trout and Pujols. It's probably the first time alot of folks have even seen him pitch. The more people that see Tanaka pitch well, the better the odds of price spikes. Also, with Bowman starting to hit, who knows what the general Public might do to the prices...

GL if you've got some Tanaka stuff to sell!

There are NBA and NHL playoff games this evening. What do you consider a big sporting event?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The Ducks-Stars game was pretty good, but I don't think the General Public would watch that and I'm pretty sure the Ratings would show that. I love Playoff Hockey but it has no shot of getting good Numbers this early on, if at all.

And do the NBA Playoffs still count as a "sports event"? Sleep aid Maybe. :lol:

I'd say the Yanks-LAA game would easily triple both these events in terms of Viewership. Remember, it's the General Public who usually drive Prices up, especially based on one performance...

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Right.......cuz a team scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes, then another early in overtime to win the series and avoid a Game 7 on the road isn't a "big sports event".

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Right.......cuz a team scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes, then another early in overtime to win the series and avoid a Game 7 on the road isn't a "big sports event".

Again, you're missing my point. The general public doesn't watch NHL Hockey. Some MIGHT have switched over to check it but that's probably about it.

NHL Playoffs are a great event, and I'm a Ducks fan, but numbers wise, they draw about the same ratings as the Food Network for most games...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
For instance, tonite's Blazers-Rockets game is coming down right to the end. But to the general Public, it's not even on their radar.

Jeremy Lin is probably the 8th or 9th best player in the game but probably the one of only 2 or 3 players, along with Howard and maybe Harden, the Public would know. Both Aldridge and Lilliard are way better players than Lin but he's the one player the General Public knows. "Linsanity" being the main reason why and a good example of the Public sending prices WAY too high...

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Again, you're missing my point. The general public doesn't watch NHL Hockey. Some MIGHT have switched over to check it but that's probably about it.

NHL Playoffs are a great event, and I'm a Ducks fan, but numbers wise, they draw about the same ratings as the Food Network for most games...

Wasn't missing the point, just replying based on the way you wrote it.

In other news, I love the Food Network. And hate the Ducks.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
For instance, tonite's Blazers-Rockets game is coming down right to the end. But to the general Public, it's not even on their radar.

Jeremy Lin is probably the 8th or 9th best player in the game but probably the one of only 2 or 3 players, along with Howard and maybe Harden, the Public would know. Both Aldridge and Lilliard are way better players than Lin but he's the one player the General Public knows. "Linsanity" being the main reason why and a good example of the Public sending prices WAY too high...

Nope, not on anyone's radar at all. Well, 4.73 million people, but that's all...

http://tvaholics.blogspot.com/2014/04/primetime-cable-ratings-april-27-2014.html

MLB = #10 , and not even the highest ratings it's had THIS YEAR. :-/

To your credit, it does appear that no one cares about hockey though.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Nope, not on anyone's radar at all. Well, 4.73 million people, but that's all...

Wow, that is surprising. I guess my opinion was hampered by most of the People I know, in person or online, ripping the NBA constantly...:lol:

And the fact that Housewives/ATL and Radio Disney got those numbers is just as disturbing. Ugh...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
What do you mean by "stuff" GT? Stuff like GQ minis? Or non-card stuff?

He's got enough stuff, that IF he went nuts on Sunday, there would be enough to make some increased Coin on. Especially the new Bowman if someone got it in already.

I haven't checked the prices yet, but I kinda doubt they bumped up any. His performance was his "worst" of the year, and still pretty darn good...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts