Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much do wrestlers actually know in advance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For instance, did bryan know for months and months that he would win the belt at mania?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Depends on certain factors and scenarios:

Example: Many reports say Undertaker didn't know the streak was ending until two weeks before Mania. It was apparently Vince's idea, but Taker could have said no and they probably would have let him keep it in tact because he has that much influence backstage.

As for Bryan winning the title, they apparently had the main angle of the underdog overcoming the odds mapped out last year.

If you remember correctly, rumors spread for a while that Taker asked for Bryan personally. Then, Punk got pissed off and left. Had he not done that, Punk would be champ right now and Bryan might have been the one to end the streak.

From what I've read over the years, guys are put into feuds and given general direction on where it's going. However, that can all change from one week to the next.

Remember Daniel Wyatt? Perfect example of creative changing their minds.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The YES plates were already made for the title. I don't know if Bryan knew, but someone knew it was happening well in advance, to have enough time to fabricate the belt plates. I doubt they just have then sitting around for every superstar.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The YES plates were already made for the title. I don't know if Bryan knew, but someone knew it was happening well in advance, to have enough time to fabricate the belt plates. I doubt they just have then sitting around for every superstar.

How long in advance had they been made?

Members online