Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever have a PC card show up and you don't have any money??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Just happened to me. I haven't searched eBay for a while and decided to check ifthere wre any good Eaton autos or Didi autos. Boy l wish l hadn't checked.....

I found the card I've been looking forforever!
2013 topps chrome back 2 back auto /5 of both my PC players!

Unfortunately though l don't have any paypal available. Anyone else have a similar story?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A few years ago when I was short on money, I refused to look on eBay because I didn't want to see a card I needed and couldn't buy.
I'd rather not know that a rare card is available than be upset because I can't get it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Not sure what's worse, the situation you described (which happens more often than not for me) or the situation when you DO have the money but you miss out because you don't see it in time . Sometimes I check "Completed Auctions" just to punish myself for my sins...

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Tough being a d-backs fan and getting excited about both of these guys and then seeing one get traded and the one sent down. Add Skaggs to the mix, and we are continuing to collect players that aren't even on the team anymore simply because we started collecting them and don't want to bail on the collection! At least with Eaton and Skaggs, they are playing ball at the ML level!

Hopefully Didi finds his way, but with Owings playing well (and the better upside I think) I don't see Didi going anywhere in the organization. If he plays decent enough in the minors, I see him getting traded.

AND, it's hard to get excited about guys like Wade Miley or Aaron Hill (for me anyway!), so they are out for collecting purposes. Have to go after a big gun like Goldschimdt and break the bank. ******* is easy and cheap to collect though... hopefully he sticks around! Trumbo for some reason doesn't really interest me much from a collectibility stand point. Always got the other prospects, and AZ certainly has a bunch of them! Shipley, Archie, and Blair seem to be good ones and I like Palka, though I doubt he ever sees the majors. Ok - that was a way off topic jabber-jaw post, but I know you like the D-Backs too and it's fun to talk about them from time to time :)

In an effort to stay on topic, I've missed out on several cards that I just never saw surface on ebay. But not the issue about not having enough in paypal to buy the stuff I want that is active. I've missed several Pavel Bure cards back in the day when I was collecting him and I've missed a few patch cards from 2008 UD Piece of History Stadium Scenes Set that I wanted.

Just happened to me. I haven't searched eBay for a while and decided to check ifthere wre any good Eaton autos or Didi autos. Boy l wish l hadn't checked.....

Unfortunately though l don't have any paypal available. Anyone else have a similar story?

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Tough being a d-backs fan and getting excited about both of these guys and then seeing one get traded and the one sent down. Add Skaggs to the mix, and we are continuing to collect players that aren't even on the team anymore simply because we started collecting them and don't want to bail on the collection! At least with Eaton and Skaggs, they are playing ball at the ML level!

Hopefully Didi finds his way, but with Owings playing well (and the better upside I think) I don't see Didi going anywhere in the organization. If he plays decent enough in the minors, I see him getting traded.

AND, it's hard to get excited about guys like Wade Miley or Aaron Hill (for me anyway!), so they are out for collecting purposes. Have to go after a big gun like Goldschimdt and break the bank. ******* is easy and cheap to collect though... hopefully he sticks around! Trumbo for some reason doesn't really interest me much from a collectibility stand point. Always got the other prospects, and AZ certainly has a bunch of them! Shipley, Archie, and Blair seem to be good ones and I like Palka, though I doubt he ever sees the majors. Ok - that was a way off topic jabber-jaw post, but I know you like the D-Backs too and it's fun to talk about them from time to time :)

In an effort to stay on topic, I've missed out on several cards that I just never saw surface on ebay. But not the issue about not having enough in paypal to buy the stuff I want that is active. I've missed several Pavel Bure cards back in the day when I was collecting him and I've missed a few patch cards from 2008 UD Piece of History Stadium Scenes Set that I wanted.

Yep itis toughbecause all the young guys are getting traded and we haven't even given them a chance. Davidson is another guy that got traded in the offseason.

I've heard a couple people talking about Didi as if he may get traded to the Yankees to fill Jeters spot.

I like Blair as well I've got a lirtle stash of cards for him. Hopefully he'll stay in the organization.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA

Use Bill Me Later :)

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have missed so many cards due to lack of funds over my 20 years of collecting Bagwell. But there are a lot of cards to choose from, that when i do have funds, i can pick up something else i need pretty much whenever. But i understand the feeling when something you have been wanting a while finally shows, but you dont have the funds. Sucks, but there is always another day.

i wouldnt recommend bill me later for a 15 year old. Its basically a credit card. 15 yr olds dont need credit cards.

and this card is numbered to five, and there are two listed right now. Go figure.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Not baseball but related, I collect Brad Smith (NY Jets, Bills) and own over half of his 1/1 RC's (non press plates) produced. I check eBay probably every other week or so and haven't come across anything in the last couple years. He is a 2006 rookie and not a big name player so his stuff doesn't get much attention. Had a feeling in my gut that it had been a while since I looked and came across this in completed auctions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Brad-Smith-2006-Rookie-Topps-finest-145-RC-Superfractor-1-1-RARE-/261439406008?pt=US_Football&hash=item3cdf00bfb8Only

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
This is the life of 99% of player collectors...pick and choose is the name of the game. I've watched dozens of gems fall through the cracks monthly for the history of eBay.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe someone will buy it and trade it to you or hold it until you can buy it. $30 is nothing for most of the folks on this board I am going to guess...

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
For sure. There was a Hank Greenberg bat barrel 1/1 that sold for $1,000 when I was a freshmen in college with no income. Now, with a full time job, I MIGHT, MIGHT have pulled the trigger on it. Agreed with the comments above about picking and choosing, collecting is what you make of it, no need to feel like you need to please/appease the FCB gods (haha) so you'll need to make a decision for yourself

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I had to pass on a card when the goverment shut down for a while being a goverment employee.
Only to find it in the mail, a great member on here picked it up for me. Ill never forget that, am forever greatful.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
so true. that being said i have abstained from a few cards at times because the timing wasn't right or my cash flow was crunched. and usually i regretted not somehow trying to be more creative with finances (although i would never advise going into debt you aren't sure you can repay)

i guess the right decision calculus is--will you see the card again? if it's a 1/1, then it can be harder to pass up. if not, you have time.

This is the life of 99% of player collectors...pick and choose is the name of the game. I've watched dozens of gems fall through the cracks monthly for the history of eBay.

Members online

No members online now.