Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paper/Sticker autos in 2014 Bowman Hobby???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Did not think they had paper autos in hobby... It is a Red Ice #/251398902264958.jpg... But its paper and a sticker not a Chrome on card auto... It was not an "extra hit"... It was the only auto in the box...

Sent from my XT1060 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Did not think they had paper autos in hobby... It is a Red Ice #/25View attachment 34528... But its paper and a sticker not a Chrome on card auto...

Sent from my XT1060 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I didn't think so either, but I'd much rather pull that than a crap base chrome auto.

Maybe they inserted Paper Auto Parallels?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Topps is stretching the definition of 'Chrome' this year. One of my "Three Bowman Chrome Autographs Per Box" out of my jumbo box was a Perfect Game Billy McKinney, which is certainly not Chrome.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
For what I believe to be the first time, insert autos replace prospect autos.

They've always? been in addition to the guaranteed chrome auto.

That said, insert autos are usually fairly low numbered, and a better hit than the majority of the chrome auto CL, but it's still a change that is surprising

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Brent Williams busted 15 jumbo cases so far and only one Bryant and every time he hit a paper auto he was shorted a chrome auto. Aflac, Under Armour or the Bowman Black /25. That is shady practice. The box even says 3 Bowman Chrome autos per box. Bowman Chrome is underlined too.

~AJ

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Describing an auto as chrome is a pretty distinct marker in itself.. Don't see the need for the "paper" term. When did that come into use?

It's been used to distinguish the difference between Chrome products and its' "paper" counterpart since I started hardcore collecting in 2006.....

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
A bowman or base auto? *gasp*
Seriously though, I've never been a prospector but being involved on blowout a bit more I first saw the term literally 4 months ago. Was just curious

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I think the term "paper" should be used instead of "base" when talking about the Bowman line: to distinguish it from "base" Chrome.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think the term "paper" should be used instead of "base" when talking about the Bowman line: to distinguish it from "base" Chrome.
I always thought it was just called Bowman for "paper" and Bowman Chrome for chrome.
Or maybe I'm mistaken.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I always thought it was just called Bowman for "paper" and Bowman Chrome for chrome.
Or maybe I'm mistaken.

IDK...it gets kinda confusing. If we're talking about Bowman Prospect autos and you say that you have a box of "base" autos to go through, I'd expect base ~Chrome autos. If it was full of Bowman Paper Autos, I'd politely decline and ask to be pointed in the direction of your Base Chrome Autos.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I thin I first heard of 'paper' when the Harper Bowman autographs first came out.

A_Pharis

It's interesting that they say "3 Bowman Chrome autos per box" and not "3 Chrome autos per box."

They could argue that "Bowman Chrome" is the product name and not the type of card (paper/chrome/etc) so that any auto in the box is - technically - a Bowman Chrome auto card.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
It's interesting that they say "3 Bowman Chrome autos per box" and not "3 Chrome autos per box."

They could argue that "Bowman Chrome" is the product name and not the type of card (paper/chrome/etc) so that any auto in the box is - technically - a Bowman Chrome auto card.

Just to argue for arguing's sake. The product is Bowman, not Bowman Chrome and it states "3 Bowman Chrome autos per box" and not "3 Bowman autos per box." Going into a break, I guess I would be expecting to get my stated 3 Chrome autos in the box

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If it reads "bowman chrome autograph" on the box, that's what it should be.

Aflac, ua, pg, bowman, ice, black are NOT chrome and should be extras.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts