Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nolan Ryan Rookie - Milton Bradley?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showmevintage

May 2, 2014
Hello,

I'm new to the forums, but the reason I came across this board was because I just acquired a Nolan Ryan Rookie. I was doing some research, and didn't even know there was a Milton Bradley version of the card. After browsing for a while, I come to find out you guys know a lot about these cards, and I was wondering if you could help me determine which version mine is. I'm thinking of sending it to PSA, but I'm not sure yet and looking for as much advice from friendly folks as possible if it's even worth sending in. :smile:

The card is off centered and/or miscut... looks like a possible diamond cut, but I'm not really sure what that means yet. I'm actually relatively pretty new to the hobby, focusing on vintage rookie cards. So I have a lot to learn, and hoping you could give me your two cents on this card.

Thank you so much if you can help! And if helps to send the pics via email or a different way please let me know and I can do that.

Look forward to reading more on this forum, seems to be a cool community.

Thanks again!

nolanback.JPGnolanfront.JPG

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
It looks like a MB version to me with the way the left boarder is. Here's my regular version to compare: notice mine doesn't have the white boarder. I can try tog get a scan of the back.
Nolan%20Ryan%201968%20PSA%204.jpg

Nolan%20Ryan%20RC%20back.jpg

Also, the back looks brighter yellow than normal '68's. Granted it's hard to compare the yellow without another '68 side by side to compare it to. I remembered seeing a thread on the '68 Ryan MB on the psa boards and was able to find it. Hopefully it's ok to post the link and I'm not violating any rules, if so, please delete. http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=763994&highlight_key=y&keyword1=milton%20bradley%20nolan%20ryan

I'd say get it graded even if it comes back with a qualifier. If it truly is a MB, I would think the value added to having it confirmed by PSA would outweigh the negative of a qualifier.

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It appears to have the white line border, and the back looks a bit more yellow than orange, so with that I would say it is probable to be a MB version. However not conclusive...

Members online