Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wrestling simulators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Anyone ever played any of these games or sims? Some examples..

In the 90's the biggest ones i could remember were TNM and WLS.. TNM was dominant as it was the best at the time and put you on the seat as the booker, WLS put you in the role of a wrestler in a live match and you chose what to do via text options, both were purely text based. TNM 7 I believe was the last release and that stayed as the premier sim for years passed it's release.

Until EWR, Extreme Warfare Revenge, came along by Adam Ryland and took over with its powerul graphical sim style and mods to import all kinda of wrestlers, angles, gimmicks, matches, an pictures.. That was free until it evolved into TEW, Total Extreme Warfare. Due to copyrights/etc it doesn't come stock with real wrestlers but there are many dedicated people who create up to the month update packs of real wrestlers and also create niche mods, such as golden era, 90s, diff Feds/regions, etc. It is a it pricy, $30 I think but it is well worth it IMO. I think I am gonna start up again and create a blog to post about it and show you guys what I'm up to, if anyone is interested.

If you haven't checked it out there is a free demo available and you can still apply real world mods and others.

TNM: well outdated, not sure if it's still around but the (old?) website was http://www.tnm7.de

But the one to check out is TEW at http://www.greydogsoftware.com
And check out the forums for any questions you might have and for mod info/links.

Or you can ask me and I can try to help.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
One you didn't mention that was also a ton of fun and around back in the early EWR days was Promotion Wars. I actually preferred that to EWR 9000.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Totally missed out on Promotion Wars... I took a break after TNM 7 got a little stale and became less compatible with more modern OS's and didn't come back until a few releases into EWR and was so absorbed into that I never gave Promotion Wars a chance, although I did hear about it a little here and there.

Members online

Latest posts