Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name one of your best experiences at a MLB Game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Name one of your best/funnest things youve done/seen at a MLB Game. Tell us your experience!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I suppose my best experience at a game was actually pre game. The Red Sox were playing the Mariners and apparently it was Carl Yastrzemski's birthday around 80-82 time frame. Someone he must have known brought him a cake as he was sitting along the 1B line burring batting practice. I was close by and Carl signed a ball for me after he visited with the family. For the rest of the story, he was in seattle again on his birthday, the very next year I believe. I had my mom make him a cake. I brought it to the game and he was lounging at nearly the same spot that game as well, but he wouldn't even acknowledge me when I tried to give him the cake. My buddy and I had cake that game.

For actual game experience, I suppose my highlight was finally getting to see Steve Garvey play in a game when we went to Dodger Stadium in 1981, while on vacation, although he whiffed twice.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Are we talking about just stuff you've seen In Person at a game?

At the Phillies double A team Reading, I once saw Marlon Byrd score from First on a Single to right-center. I think the opposing team was even more stunned than we were.

I one time saw then-Orioles manager Davey Johnson pull a reliever after one pitch, a called strike at that.

And in the early 90s, I saw one-time Mets OF Mark Carreon flat-out drop easy flyballs by back-to-back hitters to seal a Loss in Philly...

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I saw Sammy Sosa hit his 600th home run against my Cubbies.

I saw the Cubs beat the Braves in the fifth and deciding game in the 2003 playoffs.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Game one 1996 ALCS Yankees vs Orioles

AKA the Jeffrey Meyer game

Obviously, that's the moment everyone remembers, but it also ended on a walk off HR by Bernie Williams

And on a personal note, it took a LONG time just to get out of the parking lot. But it was so much fun!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
A foul ball bounced off my boob at a Mariners game. The guy in front wouldn't give me the ball =[

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
When I was a baby in my mother's arms, I was kissed on the forehead by Babe Ruth at a barnstorming game in Atlanta. Then he kissed her. (Obviously my memory doesn't go back that far, but hers does, she's 96) I don't think much else I've seen, including an unassisted triple play, will beat that. (BTW, it was Mickey Morandini, it was over in 2 seconds, and everyone stood around trying to understand what happened. Standing on the sack, caught a liner with both runners going reached out and touched a sliding runner from first. Bam! 1,2,3.)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
When I was a baby in my mother's arms, I was kissed on the forehead by Babe Ruth at a barnstorming game in Atlanta. Then he kissed her. (Obviously my memory doesn't go back that far, but hers does, she's 96) I don't think much else I've seen, including an unassisted triple play, will beat that. (BTW, it was Mickey Morandini, it was over in 2 seconds, and everyone stood around trying to understand what happened. Standing on the sack, caught a liner with both runners going reached out and touched a sliding runner from first. Bam! 1,2,3.)

Coupla great stories there J!

And a little piece of trivia on the MM un-assisted triple Play. They put the ball back in play for the next Half-inning 'cuz no one thought to set it aside. Schilling claimed it picked it up after realizing it was a momentous occasion. After the HOF called, they couldn't figure out if the ball Schilling kept was the right one or the one used the next half inning...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There are definitely two and for two completely different reasons.

(1) June 18, 1995, I was at the Angels v. Indians game in Cleveland sitting right behind home plate. I was 10 (turning 11 that summer) and watched my favorite player, Albert Belle, hit a walk off grand slam off Lee Smith in the bottom of the ninth to win the game. Just epic game and moment in my life really. I still have the ticket stub and even a home made video that my Mom took from her camera at the time. Also, I remember after he hit it that I ran down the way to the dugout and jumped up onto the dug out and a security person pulled me down. Lets just say I was out of my mind.

(2) On September 19, 1999, I was at the Indians v. Yankees game in Cleveland and caught Derek Jeter's HR ball which was just hammered as a line drive onto the homerun porch. It ended up being Jeter's 64th HR of his career. I was a teenager at the time and had no idea what I really had caught. I still have the ball and it's actually here at my office. I have the ticket stub still as well and probably a picture of me at the game but would have to see if my Mom has that in an old album or something. Anyways, pretty cool to own a HR ball that I caught of a HOFer.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
To long ago to remember what year, but i once hit hector lopez with a hostess snowball in left field at the old yankee stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
Last season..my dad and I went to a Giants game up in SF, they were playing the Dodgers, it was a great game. Got to see Barry Zito pitch against Clayton Kershaw. It was a full count in the bottom of the 9th and it was a tie 2-2. Buster Posey comes up and the first pitch BOOM home run! The best part was he hit the home run about 3 rows below us in left field. Perfect ending to a perfect day.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Posted this back in 2012, but we have some new members...and the OP did ask:
perfs2.jpg

The day started off great because it was Felix Hernandez Mini Compost Bucket Day:
IMG_4720.jpg

And it get's better!
So my daughter is a high school senior, ready to go off to college in a few months, so I am already sentimental/emotional about every second we spend together. She's a softball pitcher signed with a scholarship to a DII school a few hours away. Being a pitcher, it's pretty much all we talk about when we watch games (baseball or softball). So as this game went along, we were keyed in on pitching and watching and analyzing everything about Humber from the first pitch... What a day! Obviously, we all know what happened! Beautiful day, great seats, we even had a few White Sox fans around us, so we were all pretty pumped..after the 6th inning, I texted my daughter and I said, "Don't say the word, but I think we are witnessing history" and she smiled and neither of us said the word "no-hitter" until it was over. Here's an edited 2 minute video of the last inning:

Also, being Armed Forces Day, we received this on our way out the gates:
perfs1.jpg
perfs.jpg

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Wow gwynn what a story!!! I love SafeCo Field so much.......bummer to see a team come in and do that on your home field, but damn man wjat an experience for you and your daughter!!

I had series tix and a trip planned to SF whwn cain threw his perfect game.....friends bailed and I sold the tix on stubhub. Worst $100 profit ever, I knew I shoulda gone alone!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
April 28, 2002 - My buddy and I wanted to see Barry Bonds play in person against our Reds after his record-setting 2001 season. He didn't hit a home run that game but this guy named Adam Dunn hit two dingers. It was the first time I saw Dunn play for the Reds in person and his first multi-home run game.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Game 1- 1990 World Series at Riverfront Stadium (9 years old)

Eric Davis blasted a shot to center and it was as if the series was over. 4-0 sweep over the favored A's.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Two years ago when my ex flew me from Seattle to Atlanta so I could see a braves game in person. Got my foam finger, tomahawk and shirt. Sat down with my Coors I bought from a vendor who was from Everett and watched bobby cox in his final season. Amazing.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

Latest posts