Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

fake cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy2

Jan 7, 2013
dude with the custom cards got me thinking. why not make a fake t206 wagner using old school paper/ink/printer? its not like faking a $100 bill its a freakin baseball card i feel like some expert could make a decent psa 10 and sell the XXXXX

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Sure man, im pretty sure that even I of all people could whip up some kind of passable fake cards and bank thousands, living the good life.

But being someones biitch in jail for 20 years isnt my idea of living the good life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I'll bite.

From what I've read, it's nearly impossible. The master printers at the time were so skilled that today someone couldn't duplicate what they did. I'm not sure how. Apparently we have dipped into the middle ages of printing.

One parallel would be the Terra Cotta soldiers. These life sized clay figures were made thousands of years ago and master craftsmen of today can't seem to duplicate them just right.

So prison time isn't the only thing that is holding back someone from trying.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I highly recommend the book Operation Bullpen. It deals with the FBI's takedown of a ring of autograph forgers and sellers, but card-fakers (and their prosecution) are mentioned in the book as well.

Members online

Latest posts