Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Uhhh...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
We shouldn't make fun of a guy who enjoys these cards for what they were intended for initially. It is great to see enjoyment of the type when I was
a kid. Somewhere along the way it all became about what they are worth, and as soon as we get a decent one we throw it on Ebay and
see what we can get for it. Some of us treat it as just a business. I gave my adult neighbor a big box of commons and he has had a great time with it.
When is the last time you studied the back of a card and just revel in the info there? I envy this guy and wish I could be there again. We are a minority
in the way we react, and I for one, am sort of ashamed. Bless him. Sure hope I don't get flamed, but if so, so be it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
We shouldn't make fun of a guy who enjoys these cards for what they were intended for initially. It is great to see enjoyment of the type when I was
a kid. Somewhere along the way it all became about what they are worth, and as soon as we get a decent one we throw it on Ebay and
see what we can get for it. Some of us treat it as just a business. I gave my adult neighbor a big box of commons and he has had a great time with it.
When is the last time you studied the back of a card and just revel in the info there? I envy this guy and wish I could be there again. We are a minority
in the way we react, and I for one, am sort of ashamed. Bless him. Sure hope I don't get flamed, but if so, so be it.

I personally have zero issues with child-like exuberance over baseball cards, that was not my point in posting this. I can and will continue to poke fun of his stoner voice and behavior, real fast.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
He is a stoner because he talked about some baseball cards? I assume you are calling him a stoner because he was talking slowly and enunciating for a video to be posted online... Nothing he did was weird. He just clearly isn't a baseball card collector

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I still enjoy looking at the backs of cards and get made fun of because it can take me several hours to open a case of Bowman.

That being said, dude is clearly baked.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is just F'ing so funny... hahaha

Here are my favorite quotes:

"Bad dude right there!"
"andddd that's a penny!"
"It's pretty cool maaaaaan"

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
If you got THAT from what I said, I don't know what else to say to you. lol

You cherry picked only the first sentence of my post. I am from Austin, and I know plenty of stoners. Nothing this guy did made me think he was stoned. Just that he was not familiar with baseball cards to level collectors are. He used a penny for scale in a video. He made a pointless video. Could he have been high? Sure. But there was no dead giveaway within that video.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I remember opening a few boxes of those Donruss just HOPING to find one of the Diamond Kings cards that year, along with putting together the regular set. That was the year they really upped the look of those things.

Members online

Latest posts