Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 JSW All-Stars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I was always on the lookout for this entire set, but I never could find one, so I started picking up small lots and I think I have most of them checklisted. They remind me a little of the O'Connell & Son Ink cards because of the artwork, but the quality of the cards is much better.

1995 JSW All-Stars
Artist James Wright did the artwork for this unlicensed set. The JSW All-Stars have 18 different subsets and the same images are used on the cards of the various subsets. It is kind of a precursor of the modern parallel sets. The fronts use the styles of existing sets, while the backs are very basic. The sizes of the subsets vary. The '33 Goudey, '35 Goudey, '48 Bowman, and '50 Bowman are small, measuring 2 x 2 inches. The '51 Bowman and '52 Bowman are 2 1/2 x 3 inches, while the rest of the subsets are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.

1995 JSW All-Stars '33 Goudey Blue Box
1995 JSW All-Stars '33 Goudey Green Box
1995 JSW All-Stars '33 Goudey Red Box
1995 JSW All-Stars '35 Goudey 4 on 1 Blue
1995 JSW All-Stars '35 Goudey 4 on 1 Red
1995 JSW All-Stars '35 Goudey 4 on 1 Yellow
1995 JSW All-Stars '48 Bowman B&W
1995 JSW All-Stars '50 Bowman Black Border
1995 JSW All-Stars '50 Bowman Red Border
1995 JSW All-Stars '50 Bowman White Border
1995 JSW All-Stars '51 Bowman
1995 JSW All-Stars '52 Bowman
1995 JSW All-Stars '52 Topps
1995 JSW All-Stars '53 Bowman Black Box
1995 JSW All-Stars '53 Bowman Script
1995 JSW All-Stars '53 Topps Black Box
1995 JSW All-Stars '53 Topps Red Box
1995 JSW All-Stars '61 Topps

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'm curious, as you obviously have a passion for the oddball stuff, but what percentage of stuff that you obtain stays with you? Do you collect any of these for your personal enjoyment/collection or do you sell mostly. I know that you sell, as i have bought from you before. Just wondering if you collect too? I have a similar interest in many of those oddball sets if for no other reason than to see something different from the same old Topps, Fleer, Donruss glut.

I have a lot of oddball sets that i either bought alone, as lots or traded for over the years, but have broken them up or sold very few. i will sometimes break a set up to sort into my collection if I have dupes and on very rare occasions, try to sell or trade a set or singles. Someday, I suppose I'll need to move the stuff, but for now I just like to accumulate. It's fun to see how many different cards of players you can gather up almost without effort. Not like a player collector, but just by obtaining sets that include those more common players.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm curious, as you obviously have a passion for the oddball stuff, but what percentage of stuff that you obtain stays with you? Do you collect any of these for your personal enjoyment/collection or do you sell mostly. I know that you sell, as i have bought from you before. Just wondering if you collect too? I have a similar interest in many of those oddball sets if for no other reason than to see something different from the same old Topps, Fleer, Donruss glut.

I have a lot of oddball sets that i either bought alone, as lots or traded for over the years, but have broken them up or sold very few. i will sometimes break a set up to sort into my collection if I have dupes and on very rare occasions, try to sell or trade a set or singles. Someday, I suppose I'll need to move the stuff, but for now I just like to accumulate. It's fun to see how many different cards of players you can gather up almost without effort. Not like a player collector, but just by obtaining sets that include those more common players.

If I see something I've never had before from the 80s or 90s, I really want to acquire it. I don't need to go out of my way to collect anything because I have so much, but I do keep one of each different type of set as well as a few other small collections.

Members online

Latest posts