Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Miss You Baby…Cards you sold, but wish you didn't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Going through my photobucket I found this.
Got an insane amount of cash for it at the time, but wish I still had it.

Originally came with the WRONG Frank Thomas Auto on it!

WOULD LOVE TO SEE CARDS THAT OTHER LET GO...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Easy
2005miggymlblogo.jpg~320x480

Never saw it again. I'd love to repurchase it

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
For money lost: Sold a Trout Sterling for $19ish.

For missing it: Cowboys legendary WR and '64 Gold Medalist "Bullet" Bob Hayes GOTG auto.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Mine isn't a sold, it was a give away. In the spring of 1989 I traded a 1988 Score #645 Gregg Jefferies for a 1982 Topps Traded #98T Cal Ripken. I then gifted that Ripken to an ungrateful couldn't care less little brother for his birthday in 1992. The Ripken wasn't grade worthy or anything, but I've always regretted it.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Here is mine. I picked it up in a deal where I bought out a card shop in '97. Long before this newer Allen & Ginter got popular. I sold it to pay my car taxes one year. The only card I cared for non Yankees. These threads are why I never get rid of my Yankee PC.
ginterfront0001.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Back in 2012, things were getting pretty rough here. Wife had lost her job and I was on a massive pay cut. I sold off the highend portion of my Hosmer PC, to help with financials. While it was a good time to sale, I miss those cards.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
The only card I sold that I'd like back is the 2005 Bowman Chrome Stephen Drew Gold Refractor auto. Not too choked up, however. Sold it for over $500 after buying it for $25, and I'm sure I could get it back for under $100 these days.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

I think these pair of Thomas promo/test cards are the only ones I can think of that I regret selling. I was facing a financial issue around that time and was panicking a little and a generous offer came in at the perfect time. Although I never did sell much of anything else, this will always hurt a little.

Around the same time, I had also bought a 1952 Topps Bobby Morgan card signed. Morgan is a high number in the set and I had won it for $50ish and was fully prepared to pay, when this issue struck. I asked the seller if he minded letting me off the hook, which he did. It helped then, but I really wish I had just paid and death with it.

My last item was a Lew Alcindor RC that was traded away for a bunch of mid 70s/early 80s baseball star cards. The Alcindor has a crease across the top and a tack hole, and I got equal "book value" at the time, but i just wish i had the card now.

I think it is good to remember, as a buyer, that you never know when someone will finally part with something. I have rejected offers for a few things for years (a prototype Garvey bobble head comes to mind), but there may come a time when I am game to sell.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
These are the 3 cards that I really miss. I sold all 3 before I started a personal collection :( I got a pretty penny for all three, and the Ripken/Jeter and the Jeter barrel were pack pulled which makes the sting a bit more heavy:

2005 UD Reflections Cal Ripken Jr./Derek Jeter dual patch autograph /25 (crappy phone photo as I didn't have a scanner back then):
jeter-cal-1.jpg

2007 Sweet Spot Derek Jeter black barrel gold ink autograph 1/1 (I pulled this as an expired redemption and UD actually redeemed it within 3 weeks:eek:):
jeter1-1.jpg

2005 Razor Samuel Remmington/Eliphalat Remmington dual cut autograph 1/1:
Picture003-2.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
These are the 3 cards that I really miss. I sold all 3 before I started a personal collection :( I got a pretty penny for all three, and the Ripken/Jeter and the Jeter barrel were pack pulled which makes the sting a bit more heavy:

2005 UD Reflections Cal Ripken Jr./Derek Jeter dual patch autograph /25 (crappy phone photo as I didn't have a scanner back then):
jeter-cal-1.jpg

2007 Sweet Spot Derek Jeter black barrel gold ink autograph 1/1 (I pulled this as an expired redemption and UD actually redeemed it within 3 weeks:eek:):
jeter1-1.jpg

2005 Razor Samuel Remmington/Eliphalat Remmington dual cut autograph 1/1:
Picture003-2.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg

Holy shioiiot man... Not too worried about the first card but damn... That Jeter has to be worth a TON now and that cut you showed is just awesome. Wow. What did you sell that for? Did you pull it? I think that's the coolest card myself.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Holy shioiiot man... Not too worried about the first card but damn... That Jeter has to be worth a TON now and that cut you showed is just awesome. Wow. What did you sell that for? Did you pull it? I think that's the coolest card myself.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Thanks Mac! I got over 1K for the Jeter which I couldn't have been more happy about as I purchased the tin for $72 at the time. I got over $300 for the dual cut, and really wish I had it back. I see the /10 ones pop up every once in a while and I might snag one again if the funds and timing is right.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
2001 Fleer Red Sox 100th

Babe Ruth-Splendid Splinters Bat Card /100

It was the first GU/Auto I ever pulled. First handful of packs that got me back into this stupid game since 1995.

Members online