Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I feel bad for whoever drank the Cliff Lee Kool-Aid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm fully expecting a Grimace picture to show up here eventually...

Anyway, guys who are drafting him in the top 2-3 rounds in Fantasy baseball...I just shake my head.

Kent Bottenfield anyone?

Ok he's not that bad, but still. Don't expect 15 wins from him this year. Or an ERA under 4.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Crystal Ball??? :p Personally I don't own Lee in any of my league's but I am amused when individual's claim they know the future performance (or lack thereof) of a player....Keep it real Nostradahmus! :lol: Kidding, kidding :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Eh..it's just a gut feeling I've had for a while and his performance today sparked an interest in me to start a thread.

HoustonTeams4Me said:
Crystal Ball??? :p Personally I don't own Lee in any of my league's but I am amused when individual's claim they know the future performance (or lack thereof) of a player....Keep it real Nostradahmus! :lol: Kidding, kidding :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Well you are in some smart leagues then.

LLWesMan said:
I haven't seen him taken even among the first ten pitchers in the draft let alone top three rounds.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
He's averaging 7th round on yahoo public leagues, which is probably right around where I'd put him. I see a decline from last year, but I still think he's going to have a good year.

I do agree, if people are taking him in the first three rounds they are going to be in for a rude awakening.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
markakis8 said:
Eh..it's just a gut feeling I've had for a while and his performance today sparked an interest in me to start a thread.

HoustonTeams4Me said:

Yeah my post reads pretty harsh, I didn't intend to sound like an arse but seemed to have accomplish the feat! My apologies & I hope it wasn't taken with an ounce of seriousness! Later bud & keep the "Gut Post's" coming (that's what makes message board's thrive)! :D

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
for my next fantasy league draft i'm f irst, crap, obviously pick hanley first for home runs and steals in one guy, but who can i pick up 20th?!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He's not going to fall flat on his face. I don't expect at 2007 type year. I just dont think he's worth of a top 5 round draft pick.

If I had to go out on a limb and predict his stats: 13-11 4.14 ERA - somewhere around there. His key to success is location and last year he was down right masterful at times. I just don't see him keeping that same pace, or even an All-Star pace.

I vaguely remember this happening to Denny Neagle and Russ Ortiz too. Everyone went gah-gah when they won 20 games.

ballerskrip said:
What makes you guys think he will fall flat on his face?

Just interested to hear

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
How's Hanley making out these days? ::facepalm:: This coming from a guy who took Lee in the second round :shock: but Starlin Castro in the 13th round amd Alex Gordon in the 20th round..... :cool:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
markakis8 said:
boy was I wrong....................

*Walks in after two days off FCB. Shakes head. Wonders what the heck this thread is about. Sees OP date. Wonders what the heck this thread is about.*

"Darn New Hollanders!"

:lol: :p

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Meh, as an Indians fan I'm still waiting for him to return to his 2007 form. I've seen some really miserable perfomances from Cliff. Too many to have any real confidence in him.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It happens.

Ive been wrong about guys and actually thought like the op did for a long time.

I kind of still do actually. Its hard to overlook what he's done these past 2 years, but easy to forget what he did the few years before that

Latest posts