Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So apparently Toolhaus bit the dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For those who don't know, they did what eBay should do in that they used to list negs and neuts left by and received by a seller/ buyer

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think they did other things that were useful. But FYI, you can show just the neutral and negatives in ebay. They did that years ago.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Is there any other site which shows the negs and neuts LEFT by a buyer?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Is there any other site which shows the negs and neuts LEFT by a buyer?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yes, its called eBay.
You can click on a seller feedback score
When it pulls this up, just click on the corresponding number and it will filter just those feedbacks

Recent Feedback ratings (last 12 months)
Click for help
1 month6 months12 months
s.gif
iconPos_16x16.gif
Positive207407269383327
iconNeu_16x16.gif
Neutral52126
iconNeg_16x16.gif
Negative31521

EDIT: Its not working in the image above, but if you click on the link below for Burbank, it will work

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=burbanksportscards

EDIT EDIT: Or maybe not, not sure why my link to eBay wont work on FCB......................

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Maybe I'm missing it but can you see ONLY neg and neut feedback left by the buyer?

I don't want to search through hundreds, thousands of good fb to see if a buyer is "one of those people" who leave negs because tape was on the toploader or that the seller "pocketed" two cents on shipping.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m05/i28/s02

eBay users were disappointed when they visited the toolhaus.org website on Monday and saw a message saying the site was experiencing extreme difficulties.

"How extreme? Extreme enough that we may not be back. We're no happier about this than you are."

The message prompted much speculation about the cause of the problems, and some users wondered if eBay might have forced the site to stop providing its services. Toolhaus founder Win Bent put that rumor to rest, telling EcommerceBytes, "The troubles on Toolhaus were not caused by eBay changing their requirements or setup, or eBay blocking Toolhaus or anything from eBay at all - they had nothing to do with it, contrary to the perpetual worries that "eBay's going to shut you down!""

filler paragraphs...

Bent said the difficulties were not due to eBay or the eBay hack, but rather, the cost of running the site which offers the services for free and offered a way for users to donate money through PayPal if they were so inclined. "The root of the problem in running Toolhaus is money - contributions have been down for over a year, and I've had to move to (ahem) cheaper and cheaper hosting," he said. "I've never been in this for the income, but I do need to cover the basic costs. There are technical requirements for running Toolhaus, and I'm learning that those are hard to find when you're on a shoestring budget."

Bent explained that his current plan is to stop publishing Toolhaus. "Believe you me, this is not an easy or a happy decision," he said.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe I'm missing it but can you see ONLY neg and neut feedback left by the buyer?

I don't want to search through hundreds, thousands of good fb to see if a buyer is "one of those people" who leave negs because tape was on the toploader or that the seller "pocketed" two cents on shipping.

Sellers cant leave negative or neutral, so not sure what youre trying to accomplish here. :confused:
If you are looking for a history of negatives and neutrals left by sellers over the entire history of someones ID, then you are right, going back 3-4+ years ago when the change went into effect you cant easily search that thru eBay. But I would ask, would it really matter if a buyer got a negative 5+ years ago and has been clean ever since?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I asked about negs and neuts left by buyers, not sellers which I know can't happen.

If someone points out a buyer has a habit of leaving these for stupid stuff like tape on toploaders, I want to know before hand to block

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I asked about negs and neuts left by buyers, not sellers which I know can't happen.

If someone points out a buyer has a habit of leaving these for stupid stuff like tape on toploaders, I want to know before hand to block

I understand what you are asking now..................

I have no simple answer at the moment.

Members online