Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yanks need to make a trade soon for SP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Huge Yankee fan here. The starting rotation of CC, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda, Tanaka was extremely solid and I was extremely excited for the season.

But after losing some hands out rotation is now Tanaka, Kuroda, Nuno, Phelps, Whitley......wut.

Once Pineda comes back that'll be a huge boost. And hopefully we get CC back soon.

I think they need to trade to get a #1-3 Starting Pitcher before the deadline. Not a back end guy. A solid starter.

Lets give up Gary Sanchez. I really like what Murphy is showing and think he will be very good. Sanchez is a top top prospect. Make a package around him and I think we could get some good starters.

What do you all think? Who should they go after?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Huge Yankee fan here. The starting rotation of CC, Kuroda, Nova, Pineda, Tanaka was extremely solid and I was extremely excited for the season.

But after losing some hands out rotation is now Tanaka, Kuroda, Nuno, Phelps, Whitley......wut.

Once Pineda comes back that'll be a huge boost. And hopefully we get CC back soon.

I think they need to trade to get a #1-3 Starting Pitcher before the deadline. Not a back end guy. A solid starter.

Lets give up Gary Sanchez. I really like what Murphy is showing and think he will be very good. Sanchez is a top top prospect. Make a package around him and I think we could get some good starters.

What do you all think? Who should they go after?

Just wait till the offseason when the Yankees sign Max Scherzer to a 6 year / $180 million contract.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Lee turned them down once, so it'll be interesting IF he becomes available.

And I'm no expert, but I bet there are teams that can offer better prospects to Theo for Samardzija.

Maybe Phil Hughes is available...;)

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Lee turned them down once, so it'll be interesting IF he becomes available.

And I'm no expert, but I bet there are teams that can offer better prospects to Theo for Samardzija.

Maybe Phil Hughes is available...;)

Lee wasn't the one that turned them down BUD. If I remember correctly they asked for David Adams but he was injured so they couldn't trade him. They also wouldn't include some of the top prospects.

They won't go for Lee as he's breaking down and is owed a ton. I hope they don't go for Samardzija as his asking price is huge. I would love to make a package of Warren, Sanchez, Williams. I bet that gets a very good #1-2 pitcher.. Maybe add some more B-C level guys.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Lee wasn't the one that turned them down BUD. If I remember correctly they asked for David Adams but he was injured so they couldn't trade him. They also wouldn't include some of the top prospects.

I was referring to him taking less money to re-sign in Philly...

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Stretch Betances out, and get him in the rotation. He has been great out of the pen this year.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Stretch Betances out, and get him in the rotation. He has been great out of the pen this year.
NO NO NO. Betances has been great in the pen. If you stretch him out his control issues will come to the fore front. He should be conditioned to be 8th inning guy and maybe closer if robertson leaves.

They need a starter though and I'm not sold on samardzja or whatever and Lee. I think they could get someone else who might fit better.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Betances is the bridge to Robertson much like Mo was to Wettland. He has been in the farm for 7 or 8 years. No experiments should be done now. It's working. Hopefully they learned from the Joba mess a few years back.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Cubs will part with Jeff Samardzija soon enough and the Yankees will give away everything they have all the way down to parking attendants at the training facility in Tampa to get it done

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I don't believe they have enough elite level prospects to get a [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] via a trade.
Don't expect them to get an elite #1 pitcher. I would expect more of a 2-3. And they definitely have enough to do it if they start considering including Sanchez as he's one of the more sought after Prospects out there being a catcher.
Cubs will part with Jeff Samardzija soon enough and the Yankees will give away everything they have all the way down to parking attendants at the training facility in Tampa to get it done
Highly doubt that.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Don't expect them to get an elite #1 pitcher. I would expect more of a 2-3. And they definitely have enough to do it if they start considering including Sanchez as he's one of the more sought after Prospects out there being a catcher.

Highly doubt that.

I don't think Sanchez has much value anymore, at least no enough to land an impact SP. If it is 2010 then yes, but he hasn't done much since then and has kind of fallen off the map IMO.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I don't think Sanchez has much value anymore, at least no enough to land an impact SP. If it is 2010 then yes, but he hasn't done much since then and has kind of fallen off the map IMO.

Do you follow the Brewers CREWfan?

Thats not true at all with Sanchez. Sanchez is consistently in the Top 50-80 in most lists out there. And among the top 10-15 Catchers. He's dropped a little but not much from 2010. He's still seen as being a starting ML catcher with ALL Star talent. Sanchez plus Warren plus some grouping of Heathcott/Williams/Jagielo/among others would easily get a 2-3 starter.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Do you follow the Brewers CREWfan?

Thats not true at all with Sanchez. Sanchez is consistently in the Top 50-80 in most lists out there. And among the top 10-15 Catchers. He's dropped a little but not much from 2010. He's still seen as being a starting ML catcher with ALL Star talent. Sanchez plus Warren plus some grouping of Heathcott/Williams/Jagielo/among others would easily get a 2-3 starter.

Yes

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Samardzjia will not be a Yankee because the Cubs can do better elsewhere

Sanchez is not a big enough draw to get it done and unless the Yanks are including young big-league talent, which, aside from Solarte, there isn't really any, a deal won't happen

I've read that the frontrunners are the Orioles and might move a package including Gausman, Harvey or Bundy

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Over the last 14 games, no Yankee starter has allowed more than 3 ER. In that span, Yankees SP ERA is 2.82.

I've read that the frontrunners are the Orioles and might move a package including Gausman, Harvey or Bundy

Orioles pitching prospects. lol

Members online

Latest posts