Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lots of Potential 2014 First Rounders with cards!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCCTradingCards

May 28, 2014
McKeesport PA
Was taking a look at the latest Baseball America Mock Draft found over half of the projected first round picks have Autographs in 2012 & 2013 Panini USA products or in the 2013 Leaf Perfect Game product.

Projected First Round Picks from Panini USA products:

1 Brady Aiken
3 Carlos Rodon
9 Trea Turner
12 Tyler Beede
13 Michael Conforto
15 Bradley Zimmer
23 Erick Fedde
24 Kyle Schwarber
26 Brandon Finnegan

Projected 1st Round Picks from 2013 Leaf Perfect Game:

2 Alex Jackson
5 Tyler Kolek
11 Touki Toussaint
16 Monte Harrison
17 Kodi Medeiros
19 Sean Reid Foley
20 Derek Hill
21 Grant Holmes
22 Spencer Adams
25 Michael Chavis
33 Joey Gatto
34 Luis Ortiz

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dumb question but how do card companies make cards of players that are still in college? I'm guessing they don't get paid? If so, why not do this for football? And I mean actual college type cards and not Army Bowl stuff.

SCCTradingCards

May 28, 2014
McKeesport PA
Dumb question but how do card companies make cards of players that are still in college? I'm guessing they don't get paid? If so, why not do this for football? And I mean actual college type cards and not Army Bowl stuff.

I'm not sure of the entire process but I do know that USA Baseball started it out as a fundraising tool back in the mid 00's when Upper Deck produced the cards. They have since changed hands to Topps for a couple of years and now Panini. Upper Deck has done a USA Football set as well. I know Leaf has done both the Perfect Game and the Power Showcase here recently as well.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure of the entire process but I do know that USA Baseball started it out as a fundraising tool back in the mid 00's when Upper Deck produced the cards. They have since changed hands to Topps for a couple of years and now Panini. Upper Deck has done a USA Football set as well. I know Leaf has done both the Perfect Game and the Power Showcase here recently as well.

I just figured it would jeopardize their amateur eligibility status.

Members online