Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For those that use binders, couple of quick questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have made the decision to store my collection in binders. I like looking at my collection and this would be a much easier way to look at it and show it off. As someone who only uses binders for TTM/IP autos, I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I use a penny sleeve for the cards?
2. Will autographs or glossy cards stick to the pages?
3. Can you store game used cards in pages?
4. Are there certain pages for thick cards?

I use penny sleeves on my autographed cards to prevent the autos from sticking. I've had some people tell that is not needed. Also, I wasn't sure if Chrome cards or high gloss cards would stick.

Thank you

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
I put all my thick cards in pages in a binder.. Seems to work fine but it just stretch out the section you put it in, which as long a the same card is in there it's not a problem but if you arrange a lot and keep things in an order it could be problematic as a thinner card may fit loosely.

I don't believe auto sticking is an issue with quality pages that are PVC free (I think that's what it's called) but regardless I still put all my autos in penny sleeves just because it's an important part of my collection and is he pretty upset if there was ever a problem, although i had never had one before and have been assured by others it shouldn't be a problem.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

Here's my experiences from only storing my autos/GU in binders.

1) I don't put my auto/gu in penny sleeves within the binder pages

2) I've never had the problem of sticking. I don't know if it's because I use Ultra Pro Platinum pages for most of my cards or if it's because I don't overstuff my binder. I use the binders that were mentioned in a FCB thread (I forget who they are purchased from or their official name) but they are plastic binders that close together fully instead of just being a front and back of the binder with the
rest open-aired. I like these binders I use as the top/bottom edges support the pages and keep the pages from having weird off-axis pressures like an open-aired binder has. The only thing I don't like is the rings are made of plastic but I don't think there is a way that design could be done with metal rings.

My overstuff binder test - when closed, I must be able to softly squeeze the binder inward and have it flex outward back into shape. If I can't get it to flex in slightly with my soft squeeze or if the binder is bulging outward, I consider it too full and remove some pages until it meets my squeeze test.

3) most game-used cards and autos fill in the Ultra Pro Platinum pages. For super thick cards,
I use 8-pocket Ultra Pro pages so I have more room per pocket to fit those extra thick cards
like Exquisite or Panini's National Treasures memorabila. You do have be careful with the 8 pocket
pages since they will fit the really thick cards but not securely, so pages have to be flipped carefully to keep the thick card from sliding out of the pocket and potentially get damaged.

4) see 3 - 8-pocket pages to give more room per pocket for really thick cards.

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I have made the decision to store my collection in binders. I like looking at my collection and this would be a much easier way to look at it and show it off. As someone who only uses binders for TTM/IP autos, I have a couple of questions.

I use penny sleeves on my autographed cards to prevent the autos from sticking. I've had some people tell that is not needed. Also, I wasn't sure if Chrome cards or high gloss cards would stick.

Thank you

1. Noup. Although it seems like more protection it just looks weird (not good for my OCD) and it makes it harder to put and take out.
2. This has never happened to me and have IP/TMM and certified autos that I have removed after several years.
3. Depends on the size. Most of them yes.
4. Yes. Like mentioned aboved the less cards per page are bigger.

Members online