Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mill Creek Sports Card Visit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I stopped by Mill Creek Sports for the first time in a very long time, actually since they moved into that location from their old spot. I brought my oldest son with me, since the other one was at a birthday party close by. It was fun to see my son get excited about the high end basketball items, as he has developed quite an interest in current NBA basketball. He seemed genuinely interested and amazed at some of the steep prices. For example, there was a Wilt Chamberlain signed basketball for around $1200. That seemed to be the top dog item, then we spotted a signed Jordan poster or print on the wall for about $1700 and finally asked if that was the top $ item in the store at the moment. He directed us to a Marshawn Lynch game used helmet, autographed, with an asking price of close to $7500! Fun to browse, but too high end for me. There was a PSA 3.5 1935 Goudey 4 in 1 with Ruth that seemed like it might be fairly reasonable at $800, but maybe that one is cheaper than most similar Goudey Ruth cards (all of which seem to easily top $1K on ebay, regardless of the condition) because it isn't just him, but 3 other guys too.

Edit: See that this particular card can be found cheaper on ebay, even now. I guess $800 was no steal.

Members online