Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark Buehrle is 4 wins away from 200, and is 10-1 this season.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Mark Buehrle is such a good underrated pitcher.
He now has 196 wins and just turned 35, so he has a chance at 250 if he stays healthy.
He's having the best start of his career, at 10-1 with a 2.10 era.

Last edited:

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
He has been dealing so far. I hope it continues. :)
He was 3rd/4th on the depth chart to start the 2013 season. No doubt he is the ace now (sorry R.A.).

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have always felt Buehrle has been under the radar for sometime. I wish he was still with the Whitesox and was doing this. Him and Sales would be a great Leftie Leftie combo to have in a starting rotation

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Wow I NEVER realized how many innings he has pitched in his career. 13 consecutive seasons of 200+ IP, and is on pace for 14 seasons. He will also have 3,000IP in roughly 8 or so starts. He is the modern day Iron Man. Very impressive.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Don't think Buerhle has to worry about Tommy John surgery. Anybody think he has a shot at the HOF?
If Bert Blyleven can make the HOF, then of course Buehrle has a shot. Probably won't get the votes, but still has had a remarkable career.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Let's talk when Buehrle has almost 290 wins and 3700+ Ks
Those statistics don't happen in today's day and age....the game is completely different in terms of pitching with pitch counts, etc. The active leader in wins is Tim Hudson (211) at age 38 who is having a remarkable season, but won't even sniff 240 wins before he is retired. Next two are Sabathia and Buehrle. Sabathia has 208 wins and his career is trending downwards, but at one point he was said to have the best shot at near 300 wins.

As for IP the same 3 pitchers are top 3 in that category. Buehrle will be the only active pitcher with 3,000 IP when he gets it.

Buehrle and Blyleven will both be looked at as very good pitchers from their respective eras. Both were 'Iron Men' who gave you hundreds of innings every year for decades. Both got their World Series ring but neither pitcher were known as dominant compared to Koufax, Seaver, Pedro, etc....Buehrle actually has a slightly higher ERA+ with a 119 compared to 118 so you can not say one was better than the other, Blyleven just did it for a longer period of time.

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
I'd sooner put Buehrle in before Morris. And I don't think Buehrle's a HOFer. That just really goes to show how little I think of Jack Morris as a HOF candidate.

Members online