Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This forum has been drama free for a few days, so here's some fresh material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Backstory: I bought 11 Heritage chromes and SPs on eBay for around $.50 each. The auctions had $.50 shipping too. I bought them with the idea that shipping would be combined. It wasn't. $6 to ship 11 cards with no sleeves in a bubble mailer. Postage was $2.50. So, I left 11 neutral feedbacks stating this.

2 days after I left fb, he refunds me out of the blue and tells (not asks, mind you) me to change the feedback. Here's his original message.

Dear gigaworks,

Thanks for the great feedback. I am going to issue a full refund of your 11 purchases including the shipping charge. You can keep the cards as well, just revise the feedback. Then we don't ever have to do business again. Thanks

- st99sl500-2012

I replied with this:

Dear st99sl500-2012,

Really though, what did you expect? No penny sleeves? That's basic stuff. I didn't want a refund; I wanted your potential customers to be forewarned.

- gigaworks

He replies with this:

Dear gigaworks,

Already issued refund. I don't think that I said any penny sleeves were included. So you are just an A**Hole. That is what I told E-Bay when I reported you That I thought you just bought my cheapest items in order to leave malicious feedback. If you don't change it, they will remove it I'm sure. Thanks for confirming what I told them the facts were when I reported you. My customers would not pay any attention to a punk like you buying 49 cent items & you don't have to worry about being a future customer because you are blocked Sh*t For Brains. I always discard any penny sleeves that are included in my purchases & use my own supplies. Of course, I'm not buying 49 cent cards. Penny sleeves are basic stuff, You are a total idiot. You can't afford a penny sleeve? I guess that would run your cost up to 50 cents. If you don't want the refund, then send the $11.00+ back to me. I was just trying to not give you any reason to be unhappy by refunding your total payment & letting you keep the cards for free. But if you are that big an A**HOLE, you can send the refund back to me, E-Bay will remove your childish feedback anyway & I will revise the feedback that I had left you in order to warn anyone being mislead & unfortunate enough to be considering dealing with your Stupid A**. I will put my reputation up against yours any day, Punk!!!

- st99sl500-2012

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is funny. As he is calling you an ass, he wants you to voluntarily re-pay him. Some people have no clue.

I'd keep the cards, the money and move on w/o any modifications to the feedback just on principle. Consider it the seller buying a clue, now will he make good use of it.

One question though: Did you ever ask the seller to combine shipping charges or did you just pay the invoice?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Wow, that's a seller from hell. I have been lucky for the most part over ther years. Was that message sent through eBay. I'm sure they will be able to see it if so.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
That is funny. As he is calling you an ass, he wants you to voluntarily re-pay him. Some people have no clue.

I'd keep the cards, the money and move on w/o any modifications to the feedback just on principle. Consider it the seller buying a clue, now will he make good use of it.

One question though: Did you ever ask the seller to combine shipping charges or did you just pay the invoice?

Fair question. I requested 2 invoices over 3 days and never received a combined invoice. So I ended up paying it to avoid a NPB. Yes, I will be keeping the cards and the money, since I didn't ask for a refund (and it's the price to pay for being a jerk)!

Wow, that's a seller from hell. I have been lucky for the most part over ther years. Was that message sent through eBay. I'm sure they will be able to see it if so.

Yes, it was sent through eBay. It's funny, I've bought so many cards in the last 2 months, and had no problems. I've been buying low-dollar heritage chromes and SPs because that's what I collect. I guess this seller had some pre-conceived notions about low-dollar cards.

The worst part is that all of these cards were pictured in the auctions in sleeves AND toploaders. He had to go to more trouble to remove the cards and then ship them.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
You should refund the $11 and ship the cards back to him in your own penny sleeves. That would be the decent thing to do, A**HOLE! :D

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
After his first reply, dude really became a dick. But personally, i would've accepted the refund, changed the feedback, and been quite pleased with my free cards.

But to your defense, when receiving cards in the mail, penny sleeves are like an unwritten law. They're expected and 99% of people conform to that, as they should.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Were the cards just loose in the bubble mailer or did he have them in a team bag?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
You should refund the $11 and ship the cards back to him in your own penny sleeves. That would be the decent thing to do, A**HOLE! :D

Hahahaha

After his first reply, dude really became a dick. But personally, i would've accepted the refund, changed the feedback, and been quite pleased with my free cards.

But to your defense, when receiving cards in the mail, penny sleeves are like an unwritten law. They're expected and 99% of people conform to that, as they should.

It is totally an unwritten rule, and this seller was no noob. We don't even need to go that deep, because the cards were actually pictured in sleeves and toploaders. To me, feedback is a representation of a seller's reputation. I would be mis-representing my experience if I changed that based on the net cost of the cards.

Were the cards just loose in the bubble mailer or did he have them in a team bag?

No bag. Taped between two toploaders.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
No bag. Taped between two toploaders.

Not so bad then. Not sure I would have left neutral feedback. If they arrive safe and sound I would have left positive and just gave him one star for shipping charges. It really is a toss up. I don't think you were in the wrong for leaving neutral, just not sure I would have.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I understand. Believe me, I thought about it for a week or so before doing it. But it was that coupled with the cost that made up my mind.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I agree in part with [MENTION=3304]Crewfan82[/MENTION]; penny sleeves aren't necessary for secure shipping, they just tend to be the easiest secure way to ship. If the cards were well packaged otherwise (e.g., couldn't shift from between the two toploaders), I wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

$6 shipping is obnoxious though. He got a neg in October which seems to be for a similar issue ("multiple transaction- 'combine it then' means combine it then, not buying more"). The seller's response--from over 7 months ago--was "WHAT AN A**HOLE - I BELIEVE THIS FEEDBACK WILL BE REMOVED BY E-BAY IN A DAY OR 2".

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I agree in part with @Crewfan82; penny sleeves aren't necessary for secure shipping, they just tend to be the easiest secure way to ship. If the cards were well packaged otherwise (e.g., couldn't shift from between the two toploaders), I wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

$6 shipping is obnoxious though. He got a neg in October which seems to be for a similar issue ("multiple transaction- 'combine it then' means combine it then, not buying more"). The seller's response--from over 7 months ago--was "WHAT AN A**HOLE - I BELIEVE THIS FEEDBACK WILL BE REMOVED BY E-BAY IN A DAY OR 2".

Holy ****, that's priceless. I didn't even bother digging in to his feedback.

A_Pharis

Looking at the auctions you won, I see the listings say $1.99 shipping each. If he charged you .50 per card shipping, that's a pretty standard discount from a lot of sellers to combine.
Granted - there are a lot that cap that amount, but, to be fair, it does look like he made some effort to lower the shipping cost.

That said. His response is over-the-top, and he could have just given you a partial refund for shipping.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If the seller had put the cards in sleeves in a team bag sandwiched between two top loaders, would you have been ok with that?

Honestly, if i sold 11 cards at fifty cents per, that's how I would have packaged it.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Anyone sending any bare card between two pieces of cardboard is asking for problems in the long run. if the mailer takes a hit to that cardboard, it will crease and then the cards will likely crease. Not combining at 50 cents per card is not terrible, but to obviously put zero care into packaging the cards is something others should be aware of, especially when the guy got $6 for it. I also think it's funny that someone would scan cards in holders and then remove them to mail. I wouldn't necessarily expect the cards to remain in a holder shown, but then again you are buying what is shown in the picture usually. At the same time, scan your cards out of holders and you won't trick anyone into thinking that they'll come that way. Too many sellers are terribly lazy and if it isn't worth the effort on the low $ stuff, then DON'T LIST THAT STUFF!

What part of making paying customers happy and having them come back to spend more of their money with a seller is so damn hard to understand? Sellers should be trying to make the buying experience a pleasant one. This guy (seller) is obviously a dick and he deserves whatever he gets in the end.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I got an unfair negative for one of my sales (not card related), and ebay didnt reverse it. I dont know why this guy thinks they will reverse yours...

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012

The eBay seller also steps on the pitching mound and has a slow trot while watching home runs in church league softball. Breaking all the unwritten rules

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app